GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats better, GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
Okay, so nintendo have got serious competition when it comes to games consoles.
I personally think that the gamecube is better.
But I want to know if you prefer GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2.
Tell me:
1)What console you prefer
2)Why you prefer it
3)What games you would like to see released on the console.

I prefer the gamecube because it produces 405 MHZ, 6 million-12 million polygons / second, the discs are 8cm diameter and you can play with other people around the world.
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
Okay, so nintendo have got serious competition when it comes to games consoles.
I personally think that the gamecube is better.
But I want to know if you prefer GAMECUBE or PLAYSTATION 2.
Tell me:
1)What console you prefer
2)Why you prefer it
3)What games you would like to see released on the console.

I prefer the gamecube because it produces 405 MHZ, 6 million-12 million polygons / second, the discs are 8cm diameter and you can play with other people around the world.
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:31
Regular
You may like the GameCube for the all poly whatsits but do you care about what games it has?

The reasons why I like the GameCube is as it has loads of ace games on it.
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:32
Regular
*sigh* Newbie console wars
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Bruiser wrote:

I
> prefer the gamecube because it produces 405 MHZ, 6 million-12 million polygons /
> second, the discs are 8cm diameter and you can play with other people around the
> world.

Thats not a reason. I could say I like my pc because it has xxxxx amount of Mhz a xxx Graphics card xxx amount of ram etc

Or I could say, I like being human because I can talk :-D

Silly silly boy/girl :o)
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No-one can definitively say which is better, only give their opinions on what they as an individual prefer. I think Nintendo and Rare (both only make games for Ninty consoles) are two of the best Games developers in the world, and they are two of the main reasons I want Nintendo consoles. Nintendo are also one of the most innovative games and console designers around. While Sony use the same controller as they did with PSX for PS2 (even the new name, PlayStation2, is hardly original is it), Nintendo are designing all new stuff, from the controller, to Nintendo expanding into new genres, like their upcoming RTS kinda game Pikmin.

long live Nintendo!
(that's what I think... anyway)
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:46
Regular
I agree, nintendo and rare both make super duper games.
I also want the gamecube because they are changing everything not just keeping to the same stuff like the PLAYSTATION 2.
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:51
Regular
Didn't I talk about the class games on GAMECUBE? Shame on me. But I care about the polygons and MHZ because that is what makes the graphics ace!
Sat 03/11/01 at 21:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
I personally prefer the PS2-because of the style of games. I would much prefer MGS to Mario, or Max Payne to Donkey Kong.

Sony have a much wider variety of games, in other words.
Sat 03/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
How can u say mario and donkey kong and ignore conker, perfect dark, metroid, resident evil, soul calibur, smash brothers, mario golf, tennis, zelda etc...
Sat 03/11/01 at 22:18
Regular
Ant wrote:
> I personally prefer the PS2-because of the style of games. I would much prefer
> MGS to Mario, or Max Payne to Donkey Kong.

Sony have a much wider variety of
> games, in other words.

That's just an empty argument, Nintendo have got just as much if not more variety in their games. The only type of game Nintendo are lacking are realistic racing games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.