GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 2010"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/06/10 at 19:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
E3 news:

Microsoft

At the press conference

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox first for map packs for 3 years)
Gears Of War 3
Fable 3
Codename Kingdoms (Crytek)
Halo Reach (feat space combat)
Xbox Live on Windows phone 7
Kinect (Nov 4 release in America) - featured motorised tilt, RGB camera, 3D motion cameras, mic and a new hub for 360
Video Kinect - video chat and watching videos across chat
ESPN on 360 - Free for Gold members - Not sure about Europe
Your Shape Fitness Evolved - mentioned in Ubisoft conference
Forza for Kinect
15 titles at launch (showed some of the games in the other news section)
Xbox 360 Slim (250 GB and built in Wifi) - available this week in the US, 16th July in Europe

Kinect Event
Natal becomes Kinect - November release
Kinect Sports
Kinect Adventures
Kinectimals
Joyride (Kinect game)
Star Wars Kinect game
Dance Central (Kinect game by Harmonix it is reported)
Kinect game by Disney
Kinect Yoga and Tai Chi

Sony

20 3D games by March 2011
Killzone 3 (Feb 2011, 3D + PS Move)
Sorcery (PS Move)
Tiger Woods 11 (PS Move by download update)
Heroes on the Move (working title - PS Move)
KEVIN BUTLER SPEAKS!
PS Move out 15th September in Europe - over 40 titles by the end of the year and some retro fitted games
God of War Ghost of Sparta (PSP)
LittleBigPlanet 2
Playstation Plus - subscription service giving certain stuff but only for the duration of your subscription starting next month. £39.99 for 12 months, £11.99 for 90 days.
Order Medal of Honor, get Frontlines free and get Dead Space 2 and get Dead Space Extraction free (not sure if this deal is for Europe too)
Portal 2
Final Fantasy 14
Mafia 2 - exclusive content on day 1
Assassins Creed Brotherhood - exclusive missions and multiplayer
Gran Turismo 5 - out November 2nd in America, talk of worldwide release
Infamous 2 - 2011
New Twisted Metal game
Go around the Sony booth at E3 on PS Home
Games featured in quick trailers = Motorstorm Apocalypse, Eye Pet, MLB10 The Show, The Fight Lights Out, Tumble, Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, The Sly Collection.
Over 70 PSP games to be released including Ace Combat, Gravity Crash, Madden 11, Fat Princess, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 3, Valkyria 3, Dragonball, Hot Shots Tennis, Invizimals, Piyotama, Patapon 3 and Tetris.

Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011)
Mario Sports Mix (2011)
Wii Party
Just Dance 2
Golden Sun Dark Dawn (DS)
New Goldeneye (Wii exclusive)
Epic Mickey
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Dragon Quest 9 (DS exclusive)
Metroid Other M
Donkey Kong Country Returns
3DS - Option to have full 3D or to switch it off or somewhere inbetween. Features a slide pad, 2 camera lenses for 3D pictures, motion sensor and gyroscope, 3D movies available, automatic communication with other 3DS's, auto downloads.
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Nintendogs and Cats (3DS)
Partnerships for 3DS features Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Assassins Creed and Kingdom Hearts franchises.

EA

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (November, made by Criterion)
Dead Space 2 (late Jan 2011) - more shown on Sony conference
Medal of Honor (October - beta 21st June) - mentioned in Sony conference
Gun Club - buy and play EA games with guns, get rewards.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam - Expansion
EA Sports MMA featuring EA Sports Live Broadcast (October)
EA Sports Active 2 (November)
Madden 11
Sims 3 on consoles
Crysis 2 (also in 3D)
Bulletstorm (late Feb 2011)
Star Wars: The Old Republic - every player gets own ship and PvP warzones

Ubisoft

Child of Eden
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Shaun White Skateboarding
BattleTag
Innergy with energy sensor - claims to relieve stress
Motion Sports
Raving Rabbits Travel in Time
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Driver San Francisco
Project Dust (working title)
Rayman Origins
Maniaplanet - contains Trackmania 2, Questmania and Shootmania
Michael Jackson - was just a load of people dancing but there is apparently a game in there somewhere.

Konami

Def Jam Rapstar
Lucha Libre
Saw 2 - release due Halloween 2010
99 Nights 2
O:Tomedius Excellent
Adrenaline Misfits (Kinect game)
Dance Masters (made by the makers of Dance Dance Revolution)
Glee Karaoke Revolution
Beyblade Metal Fusion
Deca Sports 3 (supports online and Wii Motion Plus)
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect game)
Lost in Shadow
Silent Hill 8 (working title)
Never Dead
Castlevania Harmony of Despair (a multiplayer action game)
Castlevania Lord of Shadow
Metal Gear Solid Rising (also shown at Microsoft conference)

Other News

Force Unleashed 2 - release date end of October
Sonic Colours and Sonic 4 footage available
Some N64 games coming to 3DS - I've seen Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, Pilotwings and Ocarina of Time
Rock Band 3 - talk of 2 different guitars: a 17 fret full of buttons with 6 strings to play and a 22 fret full strings guitar. Keyboard has 25 keys (a 2 octave range). Drums can now have 3 cymbal add ons for up to 7 'pads'. Pro mode on the hardest setting will basically be playing the song. Guitar pro mode will have 6 lines, 1 for each string, the track will come down to indicate the string and a number for the fret to press. Keyboard pro mode will have colours for certain note ranges and arrows indicating that the track path will move left and right, also has white and black symbols to indicate white and black keys. Drum pro mode includes little cymbal pictures over the appropiate colour. 83 song set list with all Rock Band and Rock Band 2 (and Green Day Rock Band) songs available for RB3. New search options in game for songs and a rating system so you play what you like.
Darksiders 2 announced - release date is 2012.
Saints Row 3 confirmed
New Mario Kart coming for the 3DS
New You Don't Know Jack in the works
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - September release
Sat 19/06/10 at 13:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Games that have caught my eye:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Rock Band 3
Portal freakin' 2!

I really, really do not care for the gaming industries movement to this un-immersive style of no controllers or move your body to do stuff. It sucks on the Wii in most cases and it will suck almost everywhere else too.
Thu 17/06/10 at 20:19
Regular
Most disappointed this year. Was expecting a shock announcement, a new Hitman, Elder Scrolls... we got nothing like that.
Thu 17/06/10 at 16:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Last Guardian - I would think definitely TGS. It's crazy Japanese so I would expect that. Resistance 3 and Batman - I'm guessing Batman won't be out until after E3 2011, so we'll probably see it next year. Resistance 3 just depends how far along they are.
Thu 17/06/10 at 15:05
"possibly impossible"
Grandprix wrote:
> Done. Found about a new You Don't Know Jack game in the works.
> Also, people looking for Batman Arkham Asylum 2, Resistance 3 and
> The Last Guardian news will be disappointed.

I reckon it'll be saved for TGS, at least for the last 2.
Thu 17/06/10 at 13:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Done. Found about a new You Don't Know Jack game in the works. Also, people looking for Batman Arkham Asylum 2, Resistance 3 and The Last Guardian news will be disappointed.
Thu 17/06/10 at 13:43
"possibly impossible"
Wouldn't Metal Gear Solid Rising be better listed in the Konami section as they showed it off at the end? Might get that on PS3 when it comes out, set between 2 and 3.
Thu 17/06/10 at 12:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Listed a few games from the Konami press event.
Wed 16/06/10 at 20:50
Regular
Almost cried when I saw the new Goldeneye game, the awful graphics just make it even more amazing.
Wed 16/06/10 at 16:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, a little bit more information about the Playstation Plus subscription service.

£39.99 for 12 months, £11.99 for 90 days. It includes full game trials which will be available for a short period and new ones each month. After expiration, you'll have to buy it to keep playing.

Also, there will be games available that have no expiration date - some PS3 downloadable games, PSN titles, PS1 archive classics and minis but only available if you have an active membership.

Free avatar stuff and custom themes, discounts in the PS Store which will change monthly, early access to betas, demos and video content. There will also options to auto download, system and game updates and demos. You can also assign your PS3 to switch on at a specific time, download and switch itself off.

I can see the value in this if you have money to spend and you play a lot of Playstation. £40 for 12 months with the monthly stuff discounted in the store and certain free games will probably give you a net saving overall if you spend a decent amount.
Wed 16/06/10 at 12:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The major problem with the conferences in general seems to be the focus on hardware. If you are not interested in Kinect, Move, 3DS or 3D, then you are going to be disappointed.

My major problem so far is the lack of big surprises. Usually you get a big game name announced. The stage was probably set for a GTA5 to steal the show.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.