GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The N64 is not dead you silly inbreds"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 23:11
Regular
Preety bored so I thought I would start up a a topic, "WAHOOOOOOOOOOO" I hear you all scream.

Anyway this forums preety dead at the moment, for good reason, not really much going on in the world of Nintendo other than the occasional screenshot here and the odd video there.

Well anyway it seems to me that preety much everyone itsept for a few loyal members of the forums Nintendo elite, have given up on the N64. "Yeah there's no new releases" i hear you say, well true but have you seen some of the bargains in the shops?

Anyway I was just wondering what games any of you are picking up, and if there any good. Even the crappy ones, hell I picked up a copy of Starshot Space Circus the other day for a couple of quid, and strike me down and call me tasteless if it isn't damn good fun.

Anyway what i'm trying to say is I wanna know about any new games you get at bargain basement prices, no matter how crap I wanna know, short review or just a note too say it's a pile of crap steer clear.

Anyway enough of my ramblings i'm off to steal sweets off the trick or treaters.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fri 02/11/01 at 11:30
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Cooky wrote:
I'm
> still on the look out for Superman and Killer Instinct!

I hope you can justify that last sentance :-P

On a bit of a side note has anyone played or seen for sale Harvest Moon or Sin and Punishment?
Fri 02/11/01 at 09:26
Regular
Superman?

riggghhhhtttt....

Wonder if they'll make a better version for the Game Boy Advance. It's highly possible.
Fri 02/11/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The N64's flame only dies out when people let it!

I'm still playing LOADS of games on mine!

And picking up dirt cheap 2nd hand ones all the time.

I'm still on the look out for Superman and Killer Instinct!

There's a copy of Superman {unboxed no instructions} in town, in a G**********, but they want £15 for it!!! PAHHH! Fek payin' that price! £3 tops!

:)
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
No new releases for N64?

Hey, we've still got Powerpuff girls to come! :)

Then again....if the animation is anything like the cartoons, it's not gonna be that much of an excitement.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:52
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Joe_Poly wrote:
I'm hoping to
> pick up Mario Kart, I just can't find it anywhere, I should of bought it when it
> came out!

You mean at launch then all that time ago :-)

Strafex wrote:
The
> Gamecube will breath new life into our multiplayer games with Monkey Ball and
> Smash Brothers.

Too right, not forgetting the new mario kart when it come out, also I wouldn't say it was dead, in terms of new games yes it is dead but in terms of ejoyment it will never die, lets face it we still play our SNES's from time to time dont we and we still enjoy them as much as ever!
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
1 problem... If you get 4 mates they all play and you have to watch! I find 3 mates is much better then everyone gets to play (including me!!!)...

and then no-one has to get hurt... no burying people in the dark... the dark black night... and the eyes! THE EYES! Always staring... STARING BACK AT ME!!! Those cold eyes! cold dead eyes! RUN! run while you can! the beast is upon me again! GO! GO NOW!!!
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:34
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> I suggest you all buy Mario Kart, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, No Mercy and every
> other decent muliplayer game, get four pads, four mates and see if the N64 is
> dead then...

It's dead as there are no new games coming out for it.

That doesn't mean you can't pick tasty bits out of it's carcass though.

I still play the N64 multiplayer every now and then with my brothers but it's not the high light of the day that it used to be.

The Gamecube will breath new life into our multiplayer games with Monkey Ball and Smash Brothers.
Thu 01/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
I'm (hopefully) going bargain hunting for N64 games on Saturday. I'm hoping to pick up Mario Kart, I just can't find it anywhere, I should of bought it when it came out!

The last bargain I got was F-Zero X for £6.99 it's really really good and I have been playing it for ages.
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:59
Regular
4 mates? What do you take me for? a popular person?
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I suggest you all buy Mario Kart, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, No Mercy and every other decent muliplayer game, get four pads, four mates and see if the N64 is dead then...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.