GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The N64 is not dead you silly inbreds"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 23:11
Regular
Preety bored so I thought I would start up a a topic, "WAHOOOOOOOOOOO" I hear you all scream.

Anyway this forums preety dead at the moment, for good reason, not really much going on in the world of Nintendo other than the occasional screenshot here and the odd video there.

Well anyway it seems to me that preety much everyone itsept for a few loyal members of the forums Nintendo elite, have given up on the N64. "Yeah there's no new releases" i hear you say, well true but have you seen some of the bargains in the shops?

Anyway I was just wondering what games any of you are picking up, and if there any good. Even the crappy ones, hell I picked up a copy of Starshot Space Circus the other day for a couple of quid, and strike me down and call me tasteless if it isn't damn good fun.

Anyway what i'm trying to say is I wanna know about any new games you get at bargain basement prices, no matter how crap I wanna know, short review or just a note too say it's a pile of crap steer clear.

Anyway enough of my ramblings i'm off to steal sweets off the trick or treaters.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:11
Regular
Preety bored so I thought I would start up a a topic, "WAHOOOOOOOOOOO" I hear you all scream.

Anyway this forums preety dead at the moment, for good reason, not really much going on in the world of Nintendo other than the occasional screenshot here and the odd video there.

Well anyway it seems to me that preety much everyone itsept for a few loyal members of the forums Nintendo elite, have given up on the N64. "Yeah there's no new releases" i hear you say, well true but have you seen some of the bargains in the shops?

Anyway I was just wondering what games any of you are picking up, and if there any good. Even the crappy ones, hell I picked up a copy of Starshot Space Circus the other day for a couple of quid, and strike me down and call me tasteless if it isn't damn good fun.

Anyway what i'm trying to say is I wanna know about any new games you get at bargain basement prices, no matter how crap I wanna know, short review or just a note too say it's a pile of crap steer clear.

Anyway enough of my ramblings i'm off to steal sweets off the trick or treaters.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thu 01/11/01 at 11:02
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well the N64 is nearly dead but i'm still buying games for it by the bucket load!

Like in by Bargins thread where I told ya about the 4 games I bought the other day for £2.99 each.

I took one of em back cos it was completely f*****, and they guy was telling me about how they'd had loads of these cheap games in recently. He said there'd even had Goldeneye in for £2.99 I said that's quite annoying going that I spent 40 summin' quid on it.

But yes, what games have other people being picking up dirt cheap?

:)
Thu 01/11/01 at 11:24
I got Mario Golf AND F1 World Grand Prix for £5 - a special deal at G*me. WOW!
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:28
Regular
I've been getting tons of cheap games recently, i've mainly been playin:

Silicon Valley: Platform games meet the Exorcist, just a damn crazy game, but frickin good, if you don't own a copy then I suggest you get one NOW.

Turok Dino Hunter: Never played the original until now, I thought 2 was load of pap, but this game is damn good. Stupidly over powered weapons, a generous helping of blood, what fun if you haven't played this then I suggest you get a copy NOW.

Snowboard Kids: Mario Kart on Ice damn good fun, the single player won't last you long but the multiplayer is more fun than you can shake a ummm shakey thing at. Get this as well.

Also got a copy of Winback being sent to me, should receive that soon, can't frickin wait.
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
Anyone who says that the N64 is dead and has been nothing but a load of b*****ks really IS a silly inbred. The N64 has lasted just as long as the SEGA Mega Drive did and much longer than the SNES. I have the following games and they're all good, if not great......

Banjo-Kazooie
Body Harvest
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Destruction Derby 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Duke Nukem 64
F-Zero X
F1 World Grand Prix 2
GoldenEye 007
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Tennis
Micro Machines 64 Turbo
Mission: Impossible
Perfect Dark
PokÈmon Puzzle League
PokÈmon Snap
PokÈmon Stadium
Quake 2
Re-Volt
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
1080 Snowboarding
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok: Rage Wars
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
The World Is Not Enough

And there's still these 3 games that I really want but can't afford yet......

Banjo-Tooie
PokÈmon Stadium 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

So if any of you hear someone say that the N64 was rubbish, walk up to them and give 'em a slap 'cos they're doing nothing but talking out of their rear end. See ya.
Thu 01/11/01 at 16:16
Regular
Well it's certainly dead but it wasn't a load of rubbish.

It out classed the Playstation in most areas - especially playability, graphics, animation and multiplayer.

And although the Gamecube is a long way off, we can still feed of the fallen console's remains with cheap second hand classics. That should keep us alive until the cube bounces to English shores.

Otherwise, the GBA can fill the gap...
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:50
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I suggest you all buy Mario Kart, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, No Mercy and every other decent muliplayer game, get four pads, four mates and see if the N64 is dead then...
Thu 01/11/01 at 19:59
Regular
4 mates? What do you take me for? a popular person?
Thu 01/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
I'm (hopefully) going bargain hunting for N64 games on Saturday. I'm hoping to pick up Mario Kart, I just can't find it anywhere, I should of bought it when it came out!

The last bargain I got was F-Zero X for £6.99 it's really really good and I have been playing it for ages.
Thu 01/11/01 at 22:34
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> I suggest you all buy Mario Kart, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, No Mercy and every
> other decent muliplayer game, get four pads, four mates and see if the N64 is
> dead then...

It's dead as there are no new games coming out for it.

That doesn't mean you can't pick tasty bits out of it's carcass though.

I still play the N64 multiplayer every now and then with my brothers but it's not the high light of the day that it used to be.

The Gamecube will breath new life into our multiplayer games with Monkey Ball and Smash Brothers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.