GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 4, should it end?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 25/05/03 at 17:33
Regular
Naturally the Resident Evil series is a major money grabbing series, yet with the fourth encounter planning on being the ultimate Resident Evil game and Shinji Mikami not seeing a future past this game begs the funademental question... could this be the end?

Resident Evil 4 does look incredible, it promises loads and with rumours of Wesker and Chris related mishaps it could finally put a close to the Resident Evil storyline... especially with one of the main characters set to bow out. The game with the new ghost esq. baddie looks damnable scary and it begs the question whats next?

Naturally Capcom need the series but it is hardly neccessary to keep the main adventure. 6 incredible games would make up the legacy and with Dead Aim and the online series just starting up, games revenue would still continue. A second movie is still in the works and that also provides more revenue. It is no surprise that Capcom are willing to stick the series on the Gamecube, yet when the sixth game is done we may have had enough. The once chart topping game isn't reaching that status anymore and although a lot is being said about the fourth game not much about the future.

I personally think we should be seeing the final Resident Evil encounter some time next year... do you have any thoughts on the matter?
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:47
"!Basement Clucking!"
Memorandum wrote:
> My bed is against a wall.

My point exactly
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:30
Regular
The games are brilliant.

Gerrid liked Mission Impossible, take no notice of him.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Pringle28 wrote:
> If it was that bad then why would 5 million people worldwide buy
> atleats one copy.

Because these five million people are misguided/stupid/able to have their own opinions

> And why would they have made 3 sequeals and remakes
> whilst working on 3 more new original titles for the series.

Because they want to make money. Are you really that stupid or is it just
inbreeding?
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My bed is against a wall.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:26
"!Basement Clucking!"
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Oh, and he didn't say the game wouldn't sell, he said it was crap.

Duh.
Tue 27/05/03 at 15:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Alter Ego wrote:
> Your right, no wonder the game flopped. All that money wasted, i
> wouldnt be surprised if capcom went under soon.

His right what?
Hand?
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:57
"!Basement Clucking!"
gerrid wrote:
> Resident Evil should have been canned at the drawing board
> "we're planning on making a game filled with stupid zombies,
> where you can ruin your game and never reconsile it, without knowing;
> where you have to solve the same stupid puzzle over and over again,
> and also, we're gonna take all the fun away by forcing people to NOT
> shoot things. CLEVER, EH!"
>
> *BANG*
> CAPS CAPS CAPS

Your right, no wonder the game flopped. All that money wasted, i wouldnt be surprised if capcom went under soon.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
If it was that bad then why would 5 million people worldwide buy atleats one copy. And why would they have made 3 sequeals and remakes whilst working on 3 more new original titles for the series.

hmmmm.... the phrase "should havee been canned from the start" drifts quickly to the back of my mind.
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:55
Regular
"Under the Wall"
It'll never sell...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.