GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Halo disc is slowly commiting suicide."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Mon 26/05/03 at 13:05
Regular
Yes..

T'is true.

I can see the game slowly degrading on the screen, Mainly cause the disc is very very grubby.

Point of topic?

Good disc cleaning methods please.

GO!
Tue 27/05/03 at 00:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't wipe it in a circular motion.

Damn it.
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:41
Regular
There is no excuse Mr. Gamezfreak ;)

There was one stage when the game hardly ever left my Xbox (apart from at night) but there isn't one scratch, mark, hair of dust particle residing on the surface of my Halo copy :)

This happened to a friends copy of Syphon Filter and we tried some Mr. Sheen on it. Don't laugh because it actually worked just as long as you brush from the centre of the CD towards the edge. Never run around in circles as you will just scratch the CD with any particles that lie within the layers. Don't hold it against me if it doesn't work but just try it as it worked for a friend :)
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Remember me?"
And you're not even doing it quickly; snapping it in half or something. You're doing it slowly. Letting it deteriate slowly... letting it suffer.

You're a monster, gamezfreak. I'll see you in Hell!
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Remember me?"
Technically, if the disc is slowly not working due to it being grubby, it's not commiting suicide. You killed it. The disc didn't get grubby all by itself, now did it?
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:02
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Whatever you do, don't wipe it in a circular motion.

Gamestation's 'cleaning machines' do.
Mon 26/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Yes..
>
> T'is true.
>
> I can see the game slowly degrading on the screen, Mainly cause the
> disc is very very grubby.
>
> Point of topic?
>
> Good disc cleaning methods please.
>
> GO!

Some of my oldest and most used games haven't even got a flake of dust on them!

What the hell do you do with your games?
Mon 26/05/03 at 17:31
Regular
Whatever you do, don't wipe it in a circular motion.
Mon 26/05/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Lick it.

LMAO!
Mon 26/05/03 at 15:59
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I heard putting the disc in boiling hot water for a few mins might
> help.
>
> Anyone tried this?

not boiling water, but you can wash it in warm soapy water, as long as the cloth you use does NOT have an abrasive surface. a jay-cloth should work.

It doesn't work as well as a proper cleaning kit though, you can also get those machines that do it for you, but they are rather expensive (£30 +)
Mon 26/05/03 at 15:56
Regular
But I have no money.

I'm officially poor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.