GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo in deep water"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 21:56
Regular
Nintendo's share price is falling faster than a leaf in autumn. Why? The industry is pointing the finger at the poor sales of the Gamecube, citing all the surplus stock sitting on the warehouse shelves.

Nintendo are a big company, of course, but they are pretty worried about the fairly hefty fall in their company's profits by about 37 percent. Even their usual fallback on the handheld market is now being threatened by Sony's new handheld Playstation, currently being readied for release over the next year, and their Pokemon franchise, which is slowing down of late.

The news is that they want to ditch the Cube and try again, but doing this would drastically affect their company image. This was a company founded on trust, when they took back faulty NES consoles without arguement and replaced them with new ones in Japan it made their sales jump through the roof.

Whatever way they decide to stay afloat, it looks bad for the true gamers who were hoping and believing that there could be room for 3 consoles in the market. E3 showed that some companies are cutting back again on their Gamecube titles, despite earlier efforts from Nintendo to gain support from big players like EA Games. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Page:
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:55
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> And films have exactly what to do with games?
>
> Run along litle boy, Top Score wants to suck all the milk out your man
> boobies.

================

lol lol lol.. FMV made a game hm.. since when I thought good games made games?... Metroid Prime... Anything before a boss match?

===
"batteries in your controllers" yeah so I can say play from 10 metres away. and not go " ahh F--- my controller broke again" or " my controller came out of the multitap AGAIN"

"There is also a real lack of FMV and intro sequences. What is going on"

"rubbish sub standard FMV fits the game though when you are talking Mario Sunshine. "

do I see a contridiction?

If FMV are all you want then go play FFX at least the hours in that game will keep you off the forums long enough for some decent debate that has reason to start.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:54
Regular
Alter Ego wrote:
> MGS2...below par...? Im not even going to comment.

It's more like a film that an actual game. It copies so many things from the first game that it's just not funny.

My idea of fun is not watching 30 minutes of FMV, crossing my fingers hoping that some time soon I might actually get to play the game.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:50
"!Basement Clucking!"
MGS2...below par...? Im not even going to comment.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:49
Regular
ÂLÂS†ÂÎR wrote:
> Whats your point? You own a PS2 with the worst DVD player I have ever
> seen.

Strange this. I currently have a Sony 701 DVD/SACD drive, and there is no real difference in graphic quality over PS2 DVD playback. Here's a thing. I used to have an old Pioneer DVD player, and also have access to one of the new low cost Bush DVD players. Picture quality is almost identical on all of them. Thats because it's not like VHS - no tape tangle, no tape to wear out every time you play it, and no video heads running along the tape wearing out the surface.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
Top score wrote:

> Where is the FMV on Meteroid Prime oh I forgot the disc is so full
> they can't fit it on.

Errrrrrrr Metroid Prime has an intro sequence and that's all it needs.

Just because you have to play sub standard below par games such a MGS2...or should that be 'watch' below par films like MGS2.

I prefer to play my games instead of look at fancy films clips.

If you really love your FMV so much, try playing either of the Resident Evil games.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Top score wrote:
> Where is the FMV on Meteroid Prime oh I forgot the disc is so full
> they can't fit it on.

Yes, it is full of that little insignificant thing, the actual game.

Personally, although I admit FMV is always nice, it doesn’t make the game.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> No FMV?
>
> I must have imagined the beggining of Mario Sunshine then.

Come on you Ninty boys really do put up with anything Ninty throws your way cr@p old hat games, getting ripped off during the 90's, wrong format choice, video expansion upgrades, batteries in your controllers, rubbish sub standard FMV fits the game though when you are talking Mario Sunshine.

Where is the FMV on Meteroid Prime oh I forgot the disc is so full they can't fit it on. Oh well never mind Ninty fanboys are dump they won't care unfortunately Playstation owners expect more.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:35
Regular
"8==="
I hate loading times. GC disc's are great at eliminating/reducing that. Perfect for Resi eh?
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:34
Regular
Whats your point? You own a PS2 with the worst DVD player I have ever seen.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:33
"!Basement Clucking!"
Updated wrote:
> Sorry, how many films so far released on GC discs?
>
> I also remember a time (not so long ago), when Nintendo attempted to
> convince us that their (smaller) disc was better, and even films would
> be released on it.
>
> As soon as they said it was 1.5Gb, we saw through the cr@p. I already
> have several movies on DVD which are dual layer - thats over 4.25Gb.

...thats what a DVD player is for
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.