GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is command and conquer tiberian sun the best pc game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun'.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
I play alot of pc games but even now I have not found any ones that match up to tiberian sun.Tiberian sun is a stategy game in whitch you build bases and armys to destroy each other.When online you can play and have up to 8 players or 4 on 4 teams!This game is in the future so you can have massive walkers and cool looking infantry.

So if you think you know a better game just say.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
Twiddly wrote:
> Bah, westwood games have been boring and unimaginative since Red
> Alert.

you're obviously not thinking clearly. red alert 2 is one of my all time faves.
Thu 12/06/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
It can become annoying when people use artillary on TS, people who spend their lives playing on it get so good you don't stand a chance and they kill you in a few seconds. Thats the only prob with it. Other than it's ageing a bit now.

Mr. No shoes
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:17
Regular
i dont particularly like games like age II. i prefer a third kind of play included - economy management. the closest i have got to a perfect RTS is anno 1602, but the combat element was disappointing - but it looks like anno 1503 has cleared things up.
Sat 31/05/03 at 17:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dang wrote:
> do you play any of these games online they are much harder agaisnt
> other people

No I don't, last time I did I was beaten before I even started since most players now have almost unmatched skills in the online battles. I also don't really find it as fun as the single player experience, so I tend to leave online gaming for shoot em ups instead.
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I believe that the best C&C is still the original, or maybe Red Alert. Sure it had its flaws, (building a sandbag wall 100m away from your base cutting the screen in half and watching the enemy’s just build up as there’re to dumb to blow a hole in it), the graphics aren’t too great (now), but at the time of playing, I just remember think it was something really special.

I haven’t felt that way about a C&C game since, I just bought Generals a few weeks back, sure it looks nicer, but I just haven’t gotten into it the way I did with the original.
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:43
Regular
Rise of nations looks pretty good.
Sat 31/05/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Not a Jew"
In my opinion, Age of Empires 2 is the best strategy out for the PC. I recently bought Warrior Kings though and was hugely disappointed by the bad camera angles, bland graphics and shortage of levels. Comments anyone?
Tue 27/05/03 at 15:38
Regular
cipro wrote:
> dang wrote:
> but with MTW my freinds found games like age of empires and C and C
> alot more exciting.
>
> Ineed, but for strategy gamers like me they just don't have enough to
> challange.

do you play any of these games online they are much harder agaisnt other people
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dang wrote:
> but with MTW my freinds found games like age of empires and C and C
> alot more exciting.

Ineed, but for strategy gamers like me they just don't have enough to challange.
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dang wrote:
> what i mean by diffcult is the contrls there so much to remeber

:? I don't think so, there aren't that many cotrols to learn for the game, most of the control set up is done via the mouse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.