GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is command and conquer tiberian sun the best pc game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun'.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
I play alot of pc games but even now I have not found any ones that match up to tiberian sun.Tiberian sun is a stategy game in whitch you build bases and armys to destroy each other.When online you can play and have up to 8 players or 4 on 4 teams!This game is in the future so you can have massive walkers and cool looking infantry.

So if you think you know a better game just say.
Sun 22/06/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Railroad Tycoon is easily the best classic Simulation strategy. Sid Meier is one of the greatest designers ever.
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pfft.

Shogun, Medieval, AOE and a million others P*ss all over TS.

Not to mention the wonderful orginal C&C and Red Alert. Brilliant games.

Best PC game ever is Civ 2, followed by LBA2 and maybe Red Alert.
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Selected"
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (which was the sequel) was pretty good - I liked it quite alot come to think of it: good units, balanced sides and the missions were fun. As for Tiberian Sun, I don't think it can touch Age Of Empires especially if you get the expansion pack, Age of Conquers. AoC has far more units, far more sides (18!), a far better resource managment system and plenty of upgrades. Plus you can fight 8 vs 8 multiplayer online.

And because nobody seemed to noticed when Sniper said it, I'll say it as well: Rise of Nations looks very good, maybe even a Conquerors beater?
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Alpha centauri was a good game, but it took so long to complete just a single mission, i remember spending hours on it...
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
yeah, the original game was far better than the following two games, red alert and tib sun.
Mon 16/06/03 at 14:11
Regular
"bing bang bong"
cipro wrote:
> I remember Total Annihilation, funnily enough I only remembered it
> when someone else mentioned it. Great RTS game, just a pity the sequel
> was supposedly pants. I hear there making another TA game soon, who
> knows this one might actually be good.

I thought the company went bust..

I never actually liked TA, but I've had enough arguments with die-hard fans to convince me that maybe it is really good if you can get round the dodgy mouse control and single colour graphics.
Mon 16/06/03 at 13:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I remember Total Annihilation, funnily enough I only remembered it when someone else mentioned it. Great RTS game, just a pity the sequel was supposedly pants. I hear there making another TA game soon, who knows this one might actually be good.
Mon 16/06/03 at 12:27
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I can't believe neither Starcraft or Total Annihilation have been mentioned on this thread yet. All other RTS games are null and void when compared to these two. Any thread on the best RTS game just dissolves into an argument about which of the two is better. I'm going with the former :O)
Mon 16/06/03 at 02:46
"I love yo... lamp."
The original C & C is my fav. Another really good strategy game is Alpha Centauri. As in one of the best ever.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:10
Regular
anialater wrote:
> Tiberian Sun is really od the graphics stink compared to the new
> games
>
> ever played C&C Generals, way better

Graphics dont matter the original was better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.