GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is command and conquer tiberian sun the best pc game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun'.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
I play alot of pc games but even now I have not found any ones that match up to tiberian sun.Tiberian sun is a stategy game in whitch you build bases and armys to destroy each other.When online you can play and have up to 8 players or 4 on 4 teams!This game is in the future so you can have massive walkers and cool looking infantry.

So if you think you know a better game just say.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
I play alot of pc games but even now I have not found any ones that match up to tiberian sun.Tiberian sun is a stategy game in whitch you build bases and armys to destroy each other.When online you can play and have up to 8 players or 4 on 4 teams!This game is in the future so you can have massive walkers and cool looking infantry.

So if you think you know a better game just say.
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bleh, Im sure Tiberim Sun is all well and good, but I doubt it will match the strategic goodness of games like Medieval: Total War, Ground Control, Warcraft 3 or Commandos 2.

Being primarily a strategy gamer I can safely say that those are some of the benchmarks of the genre.
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:28
Regular
I played medieval total war and I found tiberian sun alot easier to control and the idea of building bases but not seeing battles in one game and seeing battles but not building bases in the other is not very good.
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:32
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Bleh, Im sure Tiberim Sun is all well and good, but I doubt it will
> match the strategic goodness of games like Medieval: Total War, Ground
> Control, Warcraft 3 or Commandos 2.
>
> Being primarily a strategy gamer I can safely say that those are some
> of the benchmarks of the genre.

have you played tiberian sun or any other command and conquers?
(e.g red alert, command and conquer 95, firestorm)
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dang wrote:
> I played medieval total war and I found tiberian sun alot easier to
> control and the idea of building bases but not seeing battles in one
> game and seeing battles but not building bases in the other is not
> very good.

Difficulty is what makes Medieval so fun to play, be any easier and it just wouldn'r be as fun, though I suppose you have to be a fan of the genre to appreciate it more.

As for base building, well it's enjoyable enough the first time but one you've had to build up a base, build defences, build resource collectors, build an attacking force then constantly repair these structures attack after attack, it tends to get a little bit dull.

Also, I don't know what you mean about not seeing combat in one of the games because I have played both and you do get to see as well fight in battles.
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
dang wrote:
> have you played tiberian sun or any other command and conquers?
> (e.g red alert, command and conquer 95, firestorm)

I have Cammand & Conquer, Command & Conquer: Covert Ops, Command & Conquer: Red Alert and red Alert 2. Fun games but as far as strategy gaming goes, they are bit too simple to be overly challanging.
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:42
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
If it's strategy game, its either Red Alert 2 or Command & Conquer Generals. But if you mean every game on the PC, I'll stick with Half-Life.
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:46
Regular
cipro wrote:
> dang wrote:
> I played medieval total war and I found tiberian sun alot easier to
> control and the idea of building bases but not seeing battles in one
> game and seeing battles but not building bases in the other is not
> very good.
>
> Difficulty is what makes Medieval so fun to play, be any easier and it
> just wouldn'r be as fun, though I suppose you have to be a fan of the
> genre to appreciate it more.
>
> As for base building, well it's enjoyable enough the first time but
> one you've had to build up a base, build defences, build resource
> collectors, build an attacking force then constantly repair these
> structures attack after attack, it tends to get a little bit dull.
>
> Also, I don't know what you mean about not seeing combat in one of the
> games because I have played both and you do get to see as well fight
> in battles.

what i mean by diffcult is the contrls there so much to remeber
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:48
Regular
But i have now remebered that you can deal with battles personal in campain mode
Tue 27/05/03 at 13:53
Regular
but with MTW my freinds found games like age of empires and C and C alot more exciting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.