GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's my job to keep Punk Rock elite"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/01 at 20:53
Regular
Hi, I just hear from other Punkers. What bands are you listening to at the moment, what games are you playing and what is your favourite album at the moment?

I am listening to:
Pennywise (So-Cal Power Punk)
Capdown (UK Ska'rdcore)
Bad Religion (one of the biggest US Punk Rock bands of the 80's and 90's)
GreenDay (C'mon you've heard of these guys... haven't you?)
Descendents (early pop-punk with an 80's hard-edge)

PS Limp Bizkit, Korn and their ilk do not qualify as punk, so (at the risk of being unpopular) I don't want them discussed here...

I also want to hear from people who maybe hate punk rock and get their views and angles... just as long as it doesn't resort to pointless namecalling...
Sun 04/11/01 at 23:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
You can get the NEW Fugazi album 'The Argument' for only £6.99 + p&p (about £1 I think) from an advert for a CD mail order in the latest issue of Kerrang. Just thought I'd tell anyone incase they want the album cos it's supposedly REALLY good.
Sat 03/11/01 at 20:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I just got 'Furniture', the new single by Fugazi. The great thing is that none of the tracks come off the latest album (I don't think so anyways) so you really get your moneys worth if u r going to buy the album too. Anyways all 3 tracks are very good, but my fave has to be the first, 'furniture', cos it has that restraint, then let loose kind of formula, which is very cool. Anyways, I will be getting their recently released album 'The Argument' soon, and will post a full review here or mayb in a new topic. Anyways buy this single, and if you like it get the album too!!!
Sat 03/11/01 at 13:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
-----------BREAKING NEWS------------
(no I mean I've just found it out, not that the news is broken! Sheesh you can't get the staff can you!)

Rancid and NOFX are to release a split album. Each band will record 6 of the other bands tracks. This is a great idea and is bound to get lots of NOFX kids into Rancid and vice versa.
Sat 03/11/01 at 12:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
What is your favourte compilation album. I think Fat wreck chords latest 'Live Fat Die Young' is awesome, not least cos all the tracks are previously unreleased. Punk O Rama 6 also has some great tunes, and an awesome unreleased track by the Beatsteaks.
Sat 03/11/01 at 00:31
Regular
I'll go with the albums
in no particular order

Dookie: Greenday
NOFX:Punk in Drublic
Lit:Place in the Sun
Sex Pistols: Nevermind the bollards
The clash: London calling

Jesus Lit in the same list as the Sex Pistols, I must be insane
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I have neither, don't wanna be even bothered with Warning, Greenday kinda lost
> something after Insomniac.

After Insomniac Greenday had their widest variety on 'Nimrod' with stuff like 'Time of your Life (Good Riddance)', which is slow, etc. and 'King for a day' with some ska thrown into the formula and also the almost hardcore sounding 'Take Back' and the dark imagery of 'Platypus (I hate you)'. Nimrod was definately their most varied album and I personally loved it. I can see how others didn't like it so much but I still think it's great.

PS thanks to everyone for posting here.

How about everyone posts top five Punk/Ska/Hardcore albums here? Or if that is too hard just top five bands.

My top 5 bands at the mo would have to be:

Capdown
Bad Religion
Greenday
Minor Threat
Descendents

But I could list 10 and still be oohing and ahhing over whether I should have this band in rather than that one... It's so hard to choose!
Fri 02/11/01 at 23:30
Regular
I have neither, don't wanna be even bothered with Warning, Greenday kinda lost something after Insomniac.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The reason I asked is cos I was just listening to the CD, and also I just realised that the guitar in Good Guys (don't wear white) kinda reminds me of the guitar playing in Greendays 'Chuch on Sunday' on 'Warning'. Does any1 else think that too. (I bet no one else has BOTH those albums!)
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:21
Regular
Haven't got it but i'm guessing there bonus tracks or demo tracks or something along them lines.
Fri 02/11/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
To anyone else who has Minor Threats Complete Discography CD do you know why some tracks are marked with stars? The tracks are:

12XU
Steppin' Stone
Good Guys (don't wear white)

There must be something different about these tracks, but I can't find anywhere in the booklet what it is. Does anyone else out there know???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.