GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do you play?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
Ok now I know this isn't much of a post but it was just a topic that interested me, I won't use the excuse 'I'm new here (dont shoot)' because that is just silly, although i haven't been on this site before i can still decipher what is decent and what is not.

Anyhoo I was playing Zelda: TWW the other day and my girlfriend walked in and watched for a while, she asked me why I spent hours of my free time on a video-game? To be honest i wasn't sure, for me it's just something I have grown up with right from the good old Commodore or even the Spectrum. What about you?
Wed 28/05/03 at 19:11
"!Basement Clucking!"
I prefer games but we all have our differences.
Wed 28/05/03 at 19:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Films are better than games. Ten times better. If I had to be isolated with either every single game ever made, or every single film ever made, I'd take the films.

I still spend more time playing games than watching films though.
Wed 28/05/03 at 18:54
"!Basement Clucking!"
Watching BB is better than alot of things to alot of people..I however am not one of them, i cant stand the programme...
Wed 28/05/03 at 18:54
Regular
But i find that games can be enjoyable, emotional, fun amd engrossing some games are like a film except you actually play in them.
Wed 28/05/03 at 18:44
Regular
Watching Big brother is probably better than playing games to some people...
Wed 28/05/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive grown up with video games - Been playing them ever since I can remember! I play them for pure entertainment and a its the ideal way to unwind
Wed 28/05/03 at 16:20
" Crazy!"
I play because it's fun.

Vote The craziest Col!
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:51
Regular
Alter Ego wrote:

> Spot on
I thought so :)
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:42
Regular
"Iio - At The End"
Because we're all sadcases of course.
Wed 28/05/03 at 15:39
"!Basement Clucking!"
Mystique wrote:
> “For years I have lived a double life, in the day I do my job, roll up
> my sleeves with the ordinary people, but at night, I live a life of
> exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin, a life of dubious
> virtue. You might not think it to look at me, but I have commanded
> armies and conquered worlds. And though I may have broken one or two
> rules, at least I can say, "I have lived."”

Spot on

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.