GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Sony PSX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 19:13
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2646

Hmm... yeah, well, there it is.

It's not the new PS3. No technological updates and the same chipset as the PS2, but with a few nice additions.

If it had to be compared to anything, it'd have to be the GBA SP. A needless upgrade that looks nicer.

I won't be forking out for it, as I'd rather just keep the games for my PS2. Still, it'll sell tremendously well, because, after all, Sony Computer Entertainment items do just that.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:06
"!Basement Clucking!"
You disagreed. But sometimes thats all it takes.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well Sdrawkcab if you can find anything in my original message that has set this guy off that's insulting please tell me and i'll apologise right now on the spot. I was just stating my opinion on the matter. I didn't see myself shouting *PS2 ROcks other consoles SuXX0RZ.* or any other sort of fanboyish language like that
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:57
Why is he so insulting?
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:56
I'm on lalakersrule's side. The opther guy is a bit belligerent for my liking.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
also as i think we've ruined AfroJoe's topic enough with your attempt to draw me into an argument (well done you've succeeded) if you are so sure you are in the right maybe you can persuade me with your views on msn and carry this on in private.

[email protected]

there you go
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:

> Carry on, kid, as you're only making yourself look stupid. I came here
> with a completely valid point and I have nothing to worry about.

And as i had a valid point and also seeing as it was my opinion and therefore cannot be wrong as it is my take on things i have nothing to worry about also.

>
> In an attempt to lower myself to your level of intellect, 'I'm right
> and you're wrong, so f*f**k off'.

I would respond to this but as i don't want to sink into the gutter along with you i'll refrain from it thank you :)
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:
> For someone who constantly tries to get the message across that he's
> been there for years (the nice little life story about the Spectrum
> etc.), you're very immature, aren't you? Unfortunately for you, I also
> had the same machines as you, plus an Amstrad CPC 464 - looks like
> your attempts at a 'I am holier than thou' approach has been shot down
> as quickly as your attempt to look mature and intelligent.

It wasn't an attempt at a 'i am holier than thou' approach as you so put it, but a valid reason as to why i am not a graphics wh0re like so many others.

>
> Like I said, I wasn't coming here to start any arguments but when
> immature morons like you are about this is difficult to ensure.

Which was why your first sentence started out as an attack on me calling me a 'fanboy'? Yep that's certainly the way to avoid conflict isn't it?

>
> I hope you're not trying to deny that Sony fanboys (like yourself,
> believe it or not kid)

There you go again with the ignorant assumptions. tut tut.

were once boastful of technical specs of their
> machines. You were - take a look around the past posts in this forum.
> It's amusing that someone can be so bitter when they are shown to be
> wrong. I take it you're a spoilt only child?
>

There's no denying that there's plenty of topics of that nature around here and i do admit alot of people have said exactly that, but were any started by me? I'd like to see you find one if there is but unfortunately they don't exist so you'll be looking for a very long time. I also have no idea where you got the idea of me being bitter came from? Are you just making things up now so you can actually have some sort of basis for an argument?
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:40
Regular
Oh and I'm fully expecting another shower of sh!te from you in another post, further highlighting your immaturity and laf**k of decent upbringing.

Carry on, kid, as you're only making yourself look stupid. I came here with a completely valid point and I have nothing to worry about.

In an attempt to lower myself to your level of intellect, 'I'm right and you're wrong, so f*f**k off'.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:36
Regular
For someone who constantly tries to get the message across that he's been there for years (the nice little life story about the Spectrum etc.), you're very immature, aren't you? Unfortunately for you, I also had the same machines as you, plus an Amstrad CPC 464 - looks like your attempts at a 'I am holier than thou' approach has been shot down as quickly as your attempt to look mature and intelligent.

Like I said, I wasn't coming here to start any arguments but when immature morons like you are about this is difficult to ensure.

I hope you're not trying to deny that Sony fanboys (like yourself, believe it or not kid) were once boastful of technical specs of their machines. You were - take a look around the past posts in this forum. It's amusing that someone can be so bitter when they are shown to be wrong. I take it you're a spoilt only child?

Whatever the matter, I don't really care. I sit here now with a smug smile on my face as not only do I know that I'm right, but that in showing yourself to be wrong, you've also shown yourself to be a complete d!ckhead.

Run along now, little boy.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> The only thing it 'trounces' the PS2 on in my opinion is graphics.
> And
> as i'm not as bothered about graphics as the newer generation of
> games
> players who got involved with gaming with the PS1 are, i'm not
> really
> fussed about it.
>
> This is an interesting U-turn from an obvious Sony fanboy. When the
> Dreamcast was out with its high-quality gameplay, all you lot were
> bothered about is technical specs. Now that the boot is on the other
> foot, it's quite amusing to watch you change your fickle minds about
> the importance of gameplay over graphics.

Ahhh if the old saying of *ignorance is bliss* is true then you must be dancing on the tables at home ecstatic.
First off i am not a fanboy. A fanboy is someone who defends their console to the very end disregarding any facts that are put against it such as the xbox and gamecube having superior graphics and seeing as i actually admitted that in my first sentance how am i a fanboy?
Secondly i started gaming back in the spectrum ZX days and then went on to grow up with the Commodore 64 and Amiga when gameplay was paramount over graphics and that is why i still keep this opinion today. Sure it's necessary for a game to have adequate graphics so you can actually bare to play the game and not be put off by its hideous appearance but for me graphics aren't important and that opinion has nothing to do with the dreamcast, xbox or gamecube but due to how long i've played games for.
Also I would quite happily buy a gamecube but for the fact i can't afford to support 2 consoles as i'm a student. I haven't sworn loyalty to Sony no matter what and i can appreciate the qualities of other consoles.

Anyway i've always been brought up in a way so that i do not make assumptions without getting my facts straight first, otherwise you just make yourself look like an ignorant moron which congratulations you have managed to do perfectly here. Go cry 'fanboy!' to someone who actually is one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.