GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Sony PSX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 19:13
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2646

Hmm... yeah, well, there it is.

It's not the new PS3. No technological updates and the same chipset as the PS2, but with a few nice additions.

If it had to be compared to anything, it'd have to be the GBA SP. A needless upgrade that looks nicer.

I won't be forking out for it, as I'd rather just keep the games for my PS2. Still, it'll sell tremendously well, because, after all, Sony Computer Entertainment items do just that.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
Yay, at last!
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:
> Stop being so pedantic.
>
> You took what I said out of context,

well for that i apologise but if you generalise me into a group which i am not in, i am going to make sure you understand that i am not apart of that group.

>
> If you're trying so hard to avoid an argument, why give me your
> contact details so that we could carry on? I have better things to
> do.

As i explained in my message i did that so we could carry on in private and not totally destroy AfroJoe's topic which unfortunately has happened.

>
> Now please just grow up and drop it, kid. Act like the mature adult
> you try so hard to pretend to be.

*sighs* you spend your whole message trying to end the argument and then once again throw an insult at the end of your message. Well this time i really can't be bothered to raise to the bait so i'll drop it. I'd much rather be spending my time on Gamefaqs talking about Championship Manager 4.

So that said i'm calling a truce and the only way i'll reply in this topic again is to somebody who's making a point about the original message, that being of the PSX. Have a good day.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Fiiiiiight...
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:30
Regular
Tell me how many times you need to be told something before you understand it, and I'll set up a script to auto-post if you like.

Otherwise, get out of my face.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:29
Regular
Stop being so pedantic.

You took what I said out of context, and replied in an aggressive manner. If that was allowed to contingue then an argument would ensue. However, you now know that this is not what was meant, so rather than splitting hairs all day why don't you just drop it?

How many times have I said I don't want an argument?
How many times must I say it before you understand?

If you're trying so hard to avoid an argument, why give me your contact details so that we could carry on? I have better things to do.

As for your assumption that I don't want to defend what I said, I don't have to - it stands up pretty well by itself, as anyone with any sense will know by default.

We don't argue about the earth being round as it obviously is. I'm not going to argue about my point for the very same reason - it's obviously fine as it is.

Now please just grow up and drop it, kid. Act like the mature adult you try so hard to pretend to be.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:
> Hahahaha, now you're acting like butter wouldn't melt and the sun
> shines out of your back-end. It's almost pitiful.
>
> Your initial post had nothing within it to start an argument.
>
> But neither did mine.

**This is an interesting U-turn from an obvious Sony fanboy**

That is what set me off and as this came from your orignal message then yes indeed your post had something within it to start an argument.

>
> Your reply to mine was the firestarter, and I doubt even your twisted
> sense of reality will attempt to deny that?

I don't think i'm the one with the twisted sense of reality here, if you can't see the point i'm making is the fact you called me, without any proof, a PS2 fanboy, which is what started this all off.

>
> Although of course I could be wrong.
>
> Once again, I'd like to point out where I said I was not looking for
> an argument. It seems to be a line that you and all your regular
> friends on here do not understand.

I'm not looking for one either but you certainly are going the wrong way of avoiding one if you're going to insult people and their intelligence. They're not going to invite you over for tea if you do that are they?
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:22
"!Basement Clucking!"
Gar-J wrote:
> Where did I say you had done this? I pointed out the amusement gleamed
> from seeing PS2 users being subjected to the very same argument they
> themselves used to aim at Dreamcast users. Did I use your name? No, I
> did not, and I therefore think you were wrong to jump into this in
> such a way to begin an argument - ESPECIALLY as I had also said I
> wasn't here for an argument myself.

Do not generalise me because i own a PS2. ALL of these pittyful arguments are the same, and partaking in them just makes you one of them.

> How funny it was to see that people are already taking 'sides'.

I wasn't taking sides, i stated what started this thing off, he initially (just like you said) disagreed with you and it gradually turned into a raging squable. Your both to blame, on the part of who i agree with, I'll keep that to myself because my opinion will be steretyped and abused by someone or other no matter what it is.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Gar-J wrote:

> Where did I say you had done this? I pointed out the amusement gleamed
> from seeing PS2 users being subjected to the very same argument they
> themselves used to aim at Dreamcast users. Did I use your name? No, I
> did not, and I therefore think you were wrong to jump into this in
> such a way to begin an argument - ESPECIALLY as I had also said I
> wasn't here for an argument myself.

*I hope you're not trying to deny that Sony fanboys (like yourself, believe it or not kid) were once boastful of technical specs of their machines. You were - take a look around the past posts in this forum*

I believe that is what you said. Now to me you are insinuating that i have made such topics as you have labelled me as a PS2 fanboy earlier and then gone on to say PS2 Fanboys make such posts therefore implying that i myself have made some of these type of posts due to your (totally wrong) assumption. If that is incorrect i apologise.

>
> A shame this statement obviously passed way above your grasp.

For someone who accused me of trying to be 'holier than thou' earlier you seem to be doing a good job of it yourself.

>
> Thank you for your invitation to your MSN list, but another thing I've
> alread said (can't help but feel a sense of deja-vous here with you),
> is that I can't be arsed - a smug smile is *still* enough for me
> thanks, and it will still be enough next time you feel like asking.

That's fine with me. If you don't want to try and defend your view like i have offered to do with mine then that says alot about you and how much you think you are right. Personally i also cannot really be bothered to waste my online time trying to defend myself from something i've written, which in my opinion had no basis to start an argument from. I'd much rather be replying to other topics that actually interest me instead of getting into a dogfight with you. I pride myself on not having any serious arguments on these forums so far as long as i've been here but if someone is going to make an assumption on the type of person i am without first getting any facts then of course i am going to defend myself.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:09
Regular
Hahahaha, now you're acting like butter wouldn't melt and the sun shines out of your back-end. It's almost pitiful.

Your initial post had nothing within it to start an argument.

But neither did mine.

Your reply to mine was the firestarter, and I doubt even your twisted sense of reality will attempt to deny that?

Although of course I could be wrong.

Once again, I'd like to point out where I said I was not looking for an argument. It seems to be a line that you and all your regular friends on here do not understand.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:06
Regular
> There's no denying that there's plenty of topics of that nature around
> here and i do admit alot of people have said exactly that, but were
> any started by me? I'd like to see you find one if there is but
> unfortunately they don't exist so you'll be looking for a very long
> time. I also have no idea where you got the idea of me being bitter
> came from? Are you just making things up now so you can actually have
> some sort of basis for an argument?

Where did I say you had done this? I pointed out the amusement gleamed from seeing PS2 users being subjected to the very same argument they themselves used to aim at Dreamcast users. Did I use your name? No, I did not, and I therefore think you were wrong to jump into this in such a way to begin an argument - ESPECIALLY as I had also said I wasn't here for an argument myself.

A shame this statement obviously passed way above your grasp.

Thank you for your invitation to your MSN list, but another thing I've alread said (can't help but feel a sense of deja-vous here with you), is that I can't be arsed - a smug smile is *still* enough for me thanks, and it will still be enough next time you feel like asking.

How funny it was to see that people are already taking 'sides'. Hahahahaha. There seems to be a common mentality among the users who frequent this forum, and it is not one of maturity. The last time I ever heard someone taking 'sides' was years ago in a school playground. Perhaps this is why I am being met with such hostility? I don't know, and I don't care. The bottom line is, to take 'sides', little boy, there must first be an argument - something which I am still trying to avoid.

If people are determined to start one though, so be it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.