GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Sony PSX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/03 at 19:13
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2646

Hmm... yeah, well, there it is.

It's not the new PS3. No technological updates and the same chipset as the PS2, but with a few nice additions.

If it had to be compared to anything, it'd have to be the GBA SP. A needless upgrade that looks nicer.

I won't be forking out for it, as I'd rather just keep the games for my PS2. Still, it'll sell tremendously well, because, after all, Sony Computer Entertainment items do just that.
Wed 28/05/03 at 19:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2646

Hmm... yeah, well, there it is.

It's not the new PS3. No technological updates and the same chipset as the PS2, but with a few nice additions.

If it had to be compared to anything, it'd have to be the GBA SP. A needless upgrade that looks nicer.

I won't be forking out for it, as I'd rather just keep the games for my PS2. Still, it'll sell tremendously well, because, after all, Sony Computer Entertainment items do just that.
Wed 28/05/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I especially liked the talk of a 120GB hard drive. That should shut them xbox owners up.
Wed 28/05/03 at 19:56
"period drama"
There was talk of an XB thing a bit like this as well - with a load of extras like all the DVD crap they're shoved on there.
Looks .... square... which I'm not sure is a good thing.

And the controllers plug in the back? The BACK?
What's up with that?
You'll flip the whole console if you pull on the lead. Fools.

Hard drive - cool.
Me likes.
Me won't get. But me likes.
Wed 28/05/03 at 21:50
Regular
"None Stored"
the PSX looks blooming gorgeous
Wed 28/05/03 at 22:54
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> I especially liked the talk of a 120GB hard drive. That should shut
> them xbox owners up.

Why?

I've only just used over 10GB on my computer, and, although I'm not sure how much space I have left on my Xbox, it is still over the '50,000' blocks that it claims it has, which means I'm hardly running out.

The 120GB hard drive is just to show off and make it sound the better console, when really, it's nothing special, just a little more space which will probably never be fully filled.
Wed 28/05/03 at 22:55
Regular
§pånkër wrote:
> the PSX looks blooming gorgeous

Looks better than the PS2, not sure I like it yet though.
Wed 28/05/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Think its aimed more to the electronics market and the gadget folk than the gaming market.
Which means the hard disk wouldn't just be used for games.

Has potential to either be very good do well or to be a flop.
Wed 28/05/03 at 23:08
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I detect a fanboy notable
Get the ninty!
Wed 28/05/03 at 23:16
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> The 120GB hard drive is just to show off and make it sound the better
> console, when really, it's nothing special, just a little more space
> which will probably never be fully filled.

I'm not so sure, if it's being used to record tv...
Still, probably larger than needed, especially if you can burn stuff to dvd instead of saving it...

Not sure about the looks. Resembles an x-box, and though shiny, it's not in the same pretty-league as the Q...
Doubt the controller ports will be at the back in the final design though - that's just dumb, and would probably just make the controller cabes look worse (less tidy)...

Nice, but I'm sure it'll be outdated by the ps3 far too soon and will be far too expensive for it to be worth buying for anyone but rich gimps...
Wed 28/05/03 at 23:25
Regular
Manda†are wrote:
> I detect a fanboy notable
> Get the ninty!

Because I'm not sure if I like it yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.