GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSX will kill Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 17:00
Regular
I'm sure most of you have read the news about the new PSX on SR. Well this is going to finish the 'cube off. Everyone will buy, argh bye bye gamecube :( Even I think it sounds good compared to the 'cube. Unlike X-Box and PS2. Boo Hoo Hoo *sobs* Discuss
Thu 29/05/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Don't you think we have enough Playstations?

I thought almost everyone had one anyway, I can't see any advantage to another, obviously there is though or Sony wouldn't be making one. But to me, the PS's are getting pretty old and I'm now moving in the direction of Microsoft and Nintendo.
Thu 29/05/03 at 21:47
"!Basement Clucking!"
Strafex wrote:
> PSX won't sell because everyone in the world already has a PS2 and
> won't want to shell out for a SECOND one.
>
> I might possibly get one though...
>
>
> ... if the price is right...

Isnt that a bit contradictory?
Thu 29/05/03 at 21:45
Regular
PSX won't sell because everyone in the world already has a PS2 and won't want to shell out for a SECOND one.

I might possibly get one though...

... if the price is right...
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'd rather go for a nice Hi-Fi/DVD player than waste my money on that.

Far too much stuff put together in one there. It's gonna cause a lot of problems.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:32
"!Basement Clucking!"
TGMbloke wrote:
> If a person does not have a PS2, they may get this instead.
>
> Not many people don't have a PS2.

Thats the point of it, to atract the remaining few that havent purchased a PS2. Same reason company's release different cased consoles etc (the new platinum GC for example) except Sony being an entertainment company have added a few extras, no harm done, no complaints.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So.......a £400 (probably) 'console' that makes no real improvements in terms of games will beat the GC?

Na.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:10
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Nearly everyone has a PS2, so why would they bother to buy a console which has the same power as the first, with it's only new feature being it's online.

I honestly can't see this thing selling to well, but Sony have suprised the public before.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:05
Regular
Yeah, alot of people bought the PS2 because it had a DVD player but PSX has online, it's basically like a pc so all the people who thought the dvd player was good will think this is even better.
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:03
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
no no this is just like in future chat. STOP the topic HERE
Thu 29/05/03 at 17:02
Regular
No it won't.

It'll make no more difference than the Ps2 is already making.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.