GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSX will kill Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 17:00
Regular
I'm sure most of you have read the news about the new PSX on SR. Well this is going to finish the 'cube off. Everyone will buy, argh bye bye gamecube :( Even I think it sounds good compared to the 'cube. Unlike X-Box and PS2. Boo Hoo Hoo *sobs* Discuss
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:53
Regular
Yep and while those who want one will go and waste £400 (ish) I will be buying a set of Xbox and GameCube games. Looking at the PS2 calendar for this year I find it hard to believe that it would shift any consoles at all. With the news that Rockstar look as though they are bringing a GTA game to the Xbox for winter this year I can only see the Devil May Cry series being the only reason to go out and buy a PS2. Even then I wouldn't buy a PS2 just to play through Devil May Cry 2!
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:44
Regular
They've realized the X-box is a superior machine and have tried to copy it.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:41
Regular
As i said.. money grabbers.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:32
Regular
Heh its just an updated console... relaunching it late in the day... aka the PS1.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:20
Regular
PSX is gonna be priced at around £600 when it comes over here.

I doubt many people willbe bothering with it strangely enough.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:18
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Seeing as like 80% of gamers own a PS2 (a random figure i just made up) the PSX probably wont sell too well so an idea for Sony to take up would be to keep the PSX, improve the chip so it can run games at a higher quality and then release it as i dont know....maybe the PS3!!!
Fri 30/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
"8==="
PSX. Personally I hope every PS2 owner buys one and loves it. That way when PS3 gets released soon after they'll be extremely miffed and hopefully stick with their shiny PSX. Death to the PS3!
Fri 30/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
TGMbloke wrote:
> If a person does not have a PS2, they may get this instead.
>
> Not many people don't have a PS2.

I don't, I dont have anything with the dreaded SONY name on it.Your fav games company needs you.Join the cause NOW.
Fri 30/05/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
errr...shades of 3DO here. Overspecced, overpriced, in market that is already saturated.

Who knows - may work out but...hmm I am always dubious about Uber consoles.

I reckon this is a filler/tester for the PS3 that will be almost exactly the same in architecture apart form the Cell platform that powers it. Credit to Sony for pushing the boundaries (can only be good for us consumers)

But £400 vs £80 for a GC? If all I want is a games machine then hell this is an easy choice. I have broadband, I have a PC, I have a dvd player, I have a vcr, I use WMA's and MP3's. A lot of investment and now I must chuck it away becuase a cool lil white box is coming out? It's a gadget - like the iPod. For rich - minimalists and feng shui nuts only.
Thu 29/05/03 at 21:55
Regular
I dont think it will sell many, they probably wont even make money. There is nothing attractive about it (apart from the looks). Who the heck wants a tv tuner?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.