GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSX will kill Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 17:00
Regular
I'm sure most of you have read the news about the new PSX on SR. Well this is going to finish the 'cube off. Everyone will buy, argh bye bye gamecube :( Even I think it sounds good compared to the 'cube. Unlike X-Box and PS2. Boo Hoo Hoo *sobs* Discuss
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
heh, I see everyone here is bored of the PS2. It was fantastic when it came out, and now err.. all my friends with PS2's are saying to me "I want a new game, but there isn't any good games out"

Ha. Ha. Ha.

But, when PS3 comes out, the same thing will happen, it'll be amazing and then what.. everyone bored of it again. I don't think people are used to consoles having quality games for years and years..

Heh to them :oP
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:42
Regular
aren't you supposed to be addicted to GTA??
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I sense that Sony may be about to have their day.

I think it's because so many people have a PS2 or PSX now, developers seem to think they can release any old game for the general public and it'll sell, resulting in some seriously crap games and not much to look forward to. I mean, my PS2 hasn't even turned a disc for about 2 weeks, and yes, that includes GTA, shock horror. :O

But I reckon that the serious gaming community may be starting to realise that Microsoft and Nintendo do have the better consoles (that's what I think anyway). I feel that the Cube and X-Box are designed for the more serious gamer and that's why they seem to be more fun than the PS2 at the moment.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:35
Regular
I was sick of mine 2 months after getting it. However I make the most rediculous decisions and I have one on order at Currys at the moment. However after looking around today I have seen a 32" TV for my bedroom which I will need to save up for but it will be worth it. Going to cancel the order and go ahead and get this instead :)
Fri 30/05/03 at 19:04
Regular
I agree, most ppl will be sick of the PS2 by then (i was sick months ago)
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It'll be far too expensive for most people.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I will give it 6 months before they stop production and call it a
> limited item. It simply won't sell because the majority of PS2 owners
> will be sick of the PS2 by then and there is no way they will spend
> over £400 only a couple of years before the PS3. Its stupid and
> hopefully it won't pay off.

I agree with everything you just said.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
I will give it 6 months before they stop production and call it a limited item. It simply won't sell because the majority of PS2 owners will be sick of the PS2 by then and there is no way they will spend over £400 only a couple of years before the PS3. Its stupid and hopefully it won't pay off.
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:23
Regular
its stupid as well because you can pick a very decent multi-region DVD for £100
Fri 30/05/03 at 18:19
Regular
Well you forgot about Pro Evo 3(the PAL one hopefully) and Virtua Fighter Evolution - in my opinion FAR more depth and gameplay than Soul Calibur. I think both these games warrant a purchase of a PS2 (i'd get one if i didnt have one already)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.