GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Europe have sealed their fate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 09:07
Regular
With the recent events involving the heavily rumoured European launch of the GameCube. I think it's absolutely disgusting the way Nintendo Europe have treated the European gaming community, but really, we shouldn't have expected anything less now though should we? I believe Nintendo Europe have sealed their fate as far as I'm concerned

This is the primary reason why I choose to import rather than pay "rip-off Britain" prices and wait months on end for releases. Why do we take it?

Sony has already gained a strong foothold in the European market and I really can't see them letting that slip somehow, anyone to suggest otherwise is probably kidding himself or herself. You have to look at the facts. Sony have reduced the console to an attractive price of £200 which has been evident in the sales figures for the console, the forthcoming games are looking tasty indeed and let us not forget the impending threat of Microsoft's X-Box.

Now tell me, what can Nintendo Europe do about that? But then again, I'm not sure they particularly care if we're not that much of a priority.

My solution? Import if you can, don't give Nintendo Europe the satisfaction that they can treat European consumers like this and expect people to swallow it.
Sun 28/10/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
er-no wrote:
> Nintendo have opened a new office in Surrey in England to try and help the
> european market and prices of Nintendo software.

At the moment, in terms of
> money and prices, Nintendo are taking most of us gamers for a ride, thats why I
> import most goods from down under. Its PAL, its about half price.

Why would opening a new office in Surrey help the prices? Or, do you mean a meeting place to try to cut down prices? Really? Oz is half price? Japan and America use the NTCS format, which utilises less lines on a television than us and so you need a Scart Lead to see it (I think). Either way, getting Pal good is the way to go, with videos, DVD's and games. However, it's tricky to get Oz DVD's, as they are either Region coded (but there are chips to change that) or they have a label that reads, "This is not for sale outside Australia", or whatever the jurisdiction happens to be.
Sun 28/10/01 at 19:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nintendo have opened a new office in Surrey in England to try and help the european market and prices of Nintendo software.

At the moment, in terms of money and prices, Nintendo are taking most of us gamers for a ride, thats why I import most goods from down under. Its PAL, its about half price.
Sun 28/10/01 at 19:00
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
I'm with Bleeders on this one. As soon as the N64 came out and I saw the prices of the games, my jaw dropped. £60+ for a game that may not be worth half of that in gameplay terms. Even though Ninty is obsolete, they still have the cheek to charge £50 per game!? You can buy a Playstation game that is more involving for £10+ less. You can buy a PC game that's better than any Ninty "masterpiece" for £20+ less.

In a nutshell, Ninty have treated UK games like an old shoe, and just thrown us out with yesterday's garbage and frankly, that stinks. This excessive overkill with the charge for N64 games must definatley contribute to the reason why it dissolved into the ground. If they have charged £40 or less per game, they may still be with us today. In reply, Ninty would probably suggest that they have moved onto the Gamecube and actually move away from the subject, as do many companies and again, franky, that stinks.

I don't regret getting an N64 as late in the day as I did, as you could pick up the cheap bargain. Waiting really does pay off. If you have money to waste, then go out and buy them full price. However, if you don't (much like me), then go bargain hunting and you're bound to find something to your liking. I'm not saying, "Buy every game second hand", because then that gives Ninty no fuel at all, the money cycle breaks and Ninty's stash of cash depletes and then they become in the state that they are today.

I hope that Ninty have learnt from their previous mistakes with the N64 and they utilise that to their advantage with the Gamecube.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:35
Regular
Not only did i say that twice but Game said it aswell.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:34
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> IT WILL BE OUT IN SPRING IM GONNA SORT THIS OUT
> NOW!

Got proof?

NGC magazine: Shelly Friend: Nintendo will reach their spring 2002 release date but when in Spring we'll have to wait for.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:34
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> IT WILL BE OUT IN SPRING IM GONNA SORT THIS OUT
> NOW!

Got proof?

NGC magazine: Shelly Friend: Nintendo will reach their spring 2002 release date but when in Spring we'll have to wait for.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah, we do!

The Nintendo lady said so... and Nintendo never lie!
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dringo wrote:
> IT WILL BE OUT IN SPRING IM GONNA SORT THIS OUT NOW!

Got proof?
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:21
Regular
Paper mario has got about 30 hours of gameplay in it i reckon. I have still one chapter to go and i have spent 25 hours on it.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oh yeah, good idea.... let's buy a game that'll last about 3 weeks... that'll take you up to November the what? 17th - 20th??

Where as.. you could get a PS2 that actually holds a future... it costs more... but just think of all the pirate games you can buy and all the money SONY will lose! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.