GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Under-aged gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/10/01 at 18:31
Regular
I was at my local computer store yesterday, just looking around, and this child aged 10-12 walks in, with his mum, and askes for GTA3, his mum buys it for him without even checking what the content is. I think parents should be more careful about the material they show their children (especially the hooker thingo in GTA3). I'm not saying the game is evil or anything, but parents should monitor what their child plays, considering he was at least 6 years too young. Any comments?
Sun 28/10/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Dav1d wrote:
> its a 15 actually........

I got a big box, with ALL the games and addons, and its an 18!!!
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:18
Regular
Dav1d wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> no 15 year old is mature

But would you say that if you
> were 15?........

yes. i did too
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:27
Yea they would need major help, I mean I'm not old enough for 18's, yet I still play (and enjoy) the GTA series of games(+others). But you have to admit, the BBFC are wasting money censoring games when no-one takes any notice.
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:23
yeh im being serious they do need to go to get some help before they go on a rampage
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:18
8-Ball wrote:

>then they need major help.

I'm being serious, but that is probably true. (Couldn't tell wether you were being sarcastic or serious. I'm about as sharp as a rolling pin ;-)
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:13
UFGO wrote:
> 8-Ball wrote:
> which bits is she on about?

lol ;-) I get your point, but
> what happens if there is a kid that can't tell the difference between fiction
> and fantasy?

then they need major help.
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:13
8-Ball wrote:

lol ;-) I get your point, but what happens if there is a kid that can't tell the difference between fiction and the real world? Don't laugh, it has happened.
Sun 28/10/01 at 11:12
8-Ball wrote:

lol ;-) I get your point, but what happens if there is a kid that can't tell the difference between fiction and fantasy?
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:57
yeh its better to get busted on a game then to get busted in real life my mum says to my nan i happily bought him the game because he knows not to do it in real life. which bits is she on about?
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:36
Regular
I'm 12 and i like to play things GTA3 and MGS.There my my favourite kind of games, and i like them coz i can do things like steal cars and run over people and snap their neck which i cant do in real life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.