GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 help....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, I just got a N64 off my cousins, because I wanted to play Zelda and they weren't using it anymore.

Its all woeking fine, plug it in to the back of the T.V and.....nothing on AV.
Nothing on every other channel aswell.
Crap.

I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I bought a new one. No good.

Please help me.
Tue 24/04/07 at 15:22
Regular
The N64 is quite an old piece of kit now and if yours is anything like mine its probably a bit too fragile to be moving about too much. If it was wroking before you left and at your friends house but not now I can only assume something broke in transit. Its always worth blowing in the cartridge and cartridge slot. As stupid as it sounds this usually fixes an N64 which fails to boot. It may just be dust on the chip connectors. Other than that it may be a brroken RF lead or RF box connector. My only other thought is that if your TV is very old it might "forget" the frequency the N64 is tuned to. Try to tune the TV again.
Tue 24/04/07 at 15:25
Regular
"8==="
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
>
> There is obviously some signal going in, but the game isn't
> working.

Sounds really iffy.

Try a different plugsocket for the power.
Tue 24/04/07 at 17:46
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Thanks, I will.
Wed 25/04/07 at 21:01
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Not working. Help me.
Thu 26/04/07 at 18:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> Right, new problem.
> Brought the N64 over to my friend's house, tuned it to his T.V,
> played fine, brought it home, won't work.
>
> I put in the gamepak, start it up, screen goes black, won't
> work.
> There is obviously some signal going in, but the game isn't
> working.

Remove the game cartridge, blow the connector on the bottom of the cartridge, then push the doors open on the top of your N64 where you insert the game and blow in there too. I've had this before. The blowing will get rid of any dust or foreign material in there.

Now put the game back in and power on. Should work now.
Fri 27/04/07 at 16:37
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Nope, already done it. Several times.
Fri 27/04/07 at 22:09
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
- Check that all your cables are connected corectly and firmly to the correct sockets on both the TV and the console
- Check that the game cartridge is firmly inserted into the console
- Check that you have the right TV channel
- Check that your jumper pak/expansion pak is firmly inserted into its socket, though it shouldn't come out anyway
Sat 28/04/07 at 12:54
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> Nope, already done it. Several times.
Sun 29/04/07 at 12:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Try several different games?
Sun 29/04/07 at 13:24
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> Revolver Ocelot wrote:
> Nope, already done it. Several times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.