GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 help....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, I just got a N64 off my cousins, because I wanted to play Zelda and they weren't using it anymore.

Its all woeking fine, plug it in to the back of the T.V and.....nothing on AV.
Nothing on every other channel aswell.
Crap.

I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I bought a new one. No good.

Please help me.
Sun 15/04/07 at 19:21
Regular
Get Conkers.
Sun 15/04/07 at 20:24
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, another question, when I put in Donkey Kong 64 it doesn't work.
It demands a memory expansion pack or something.
Shoot.
Mon 16/04/07 at 09:14
Regular
Right on the top of the N64 at the front there should be a removable plate with an expansion slot underneath. This slot was designed for the N64s memory expansion chip which made some games slightly prettier and was just a big lump of plastic. Open this flap and see if there is a hole or a chunkey red topped piece of plastic. If you see the red top then this N64 has the expansion chip in it. Some games rely on this chip and wont start without it but I dont know if DK was one of those. Would be surprised if your cousin bought a game he couldn't play so ask if he has the chip or any other pieces for the N64
Mon 16/04/07 at 09:17
Regular
Ok done a bit of research and it appears that DK was one of a handfull of games which actually required the chip to run.
"Expansion Pak - a memory expansion that plugged into the console's memory expansion port. It contained 4 MB of RAM. Some of the games to support this accessory are Turok 2, Hybrid Heaven, Pokémon Stadium 2, Resident Evil 2, Road Rash 64, Shadow Man, Star Wars: Episode I Racer, Rare's Perfect Dark, Midway's San Francisco Rush 2049, and only a handful of games such as Donkey Kong 64, the single-player mode of Perfect Dark and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask actually required it for play. Supporting games usually offered higher video resolutions or higher textures and/or higher color depth. For example, the Nintendo 64 all-remade version of Quake 2 features higher color depth but not a higher resolution when using the Expansion Pak. The Expansion Pak was shipped with some games and also available separately"

I am pretty sure that this game came with the chip so ask your cousin again.
Mon 16/04/07 at 20:51
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
No, its in there.
I'll try and fix it.

EDIT:Wait, sorry, I thought it was because it used to be, but its just the normal one.
Mon 16/04/07 at 23:00
"possibly impossible"
Ebay time!

Here it is!
Tue 17/04/07 at 08:52
Regular
Yup. Ebay time. They should be very cheap by now. I remember I worked for a company which literally could'nt give them away.... SR what a company.. HA
Tue 17/04/07 at 15:46
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
pb wrote:
> Ebay time!
That could have its own jingle......
Tue 17/04/07 at 16:01
Regular
I am pretty sure Freeola is still owned by the same people who owned SR. Hello to you "golden children" who I used to work with who were saved from the ship as it went down. For that insult I will never win a game a day..... I will suddenly just pop out of existance....... like my last pay check and redundancy pay hahaha
Sat 21/04/07 at 18:20
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Right, new problem.
Brought the N64 over to my friend's house, tuned it to his T.V, played fine, brought it home, won't work.

I put in the gamepak, start it up, screen goes black, won't work.
There is obviously some signal going in, but the game isn't working.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.