GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 help....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, I just got a N64 off my cousins, because I wanted to play Zelda and they weren't using it anymore.

Its all woeking fine, plug it in to the back of the T.V and.....nothing on AV.
Nothing on every other channel aswell.
Crap.

I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I bought a new one. No good.

Please help me.
Sat 14/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, I just got a N64 off my cousins, because I wanted to play Zelda and they weren't using it anymore.

Its all woeking fine, plug it in to the back of the T.V and.....nothing on AV.
Nothing on every other channel aswell.
Crap.

I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I bought a new one. No good.

Please help me.
Sat 14/04/07 at 22:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I didn't have an N64 so I don't know. Is it a scart or one of those leads you plug into the TV? If it's the lead, then you'd have to programme a TV channel, wouldn't you?
Sun 15/04/07 at 10:02
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
....how do I do that?
And its a lead.
Sun 15/04/07 at 10:34
Regular
I have a N64 and this is an alarmingly common problem. The RF leads they come with are very weak and break easily. Chances are this is prob the 3rd or 4th lead that that N64 has got through. Unfortunately the "block connector" that the RF lead plugs into in the back of the cube is actually made of cheese and the slightest knock can damage the pins. I kicked mine as I walked past and had no signal to any channel and had to buy a new cube as it is very hard to find just the box conector. As you have got the new lead I would say it is either the box connector or.... and I am sorry if this is insulting..... You have not tuned in your TV. If your T.V picks up other consoles and channels but not the N64 then it is the port and I am affraid that means much searching for spare parts.
Sun 15/04/07 at 10:59
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
I would say it is either the box
> connector or.... and I am sorry if this is insulting..... You
> have not tuned in your TV.
?

Thanks anyway, but how do I tune it?
My Playstation works but its Scart, so.....?
Sun 15/04/07 at 11:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, pick a channel that isn't in use, turn the N64 on and then you'll have to use your TV's tuning facility to scan for the signal.

I can't tell you how to do it because every TV is different.
Sun 15/04/07 at 15:58
Regular
If you have an old T.V then it probably has a flip down bit on the set with buttons in it. Usually at the bottom. One of these buttons will be the tuning button. Ifr it is a auto tuner then a bar will appear and a little arrow or line will work its way along until it finds the signal. If it is manual then you will need to keep pressing the button but the effect will be the same. If you T.V is newish then it will be on the remote and the actions you need to take are the same. Its likely the buttons you are looking for on the remote will be on the bottom half.
Hope this helps
Sun 15/04/07 at 16:05
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Thanks, I went into "search" and fiddled around a bit and now it works.
Zelda and Mario hear I come.........
Sun 15/04/07 at 16:20
Regular
Good. I am glad I can my knowledge has helped unlock some great games for someone else. If you haven't got it already then get Golden eye. Possibly the best console FPS ever. I am Bias but if anyone who has played it through wants to correct me..........
Sun 15/04/07 at 19:19
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yes, I have played it. I'll have to get it off of my friend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.