GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 help....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/04/07 at 22:28
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Okay, I just got a N64 off my cousins, because I wanted to play Zelda and they weren't using it anymore.

Its all woeking fine, plug it in to the back of the T.V and.....nothing on AV.
Nothing on every other channel aswell.
Crap.

I thought there was something wrong with the cable so I bought a new one. No good.

Please help me.
Sun 13/05/07 at 22:38
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Ok thanks, i'll give that a try.
Sun 13/05/07 at 21:38
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
No, you have to tune. AV won't work.

Put in a cartridge, then bring up the T.V's menu, go to tune or search or auto tune of whatever its between 500 and 600 on mine.
Sun 13/05/07 at 13:25
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Nope, no picture, in fact, nothing at all. The console itself doesn't make a sound when I turn it on. When I use my PS2 or laptop or any other console it makes a noise when you turn it on, like the fan on the PS2, but even when the N64's light is red it's just silent.

3 weeks of wait and now this!
Sun 13/05/07 at 13:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> I've tried every channel on both tellys including the AV's. The
> N64 doesn't seem to be making any noise when I turn it on...

Do you get a picture?

Try turning the volume up or turning Mute off.
Sat 12/05/07 at 13:35
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I've tried every channel on both tellys including the AV's. The N64 doesn't seem to be making any noise when I turn it on...
Fri 11/05/07 at 08:36
Regular
In the original post it was a case of not having the T.V tuned in to the N64. Have you tried re-tuning the tele.
Thu 10/05/07 at 22:35
"LOLLERSKATES!"
It appears then I have the exact same problem as the original post :(
Thu 10/05/07 at 22:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Yeah i've put in the cartidge, it's just all the other nintendo consoles i've had have been green. For some reason though I can't get it to work with the tellys on my house, and I've tried it on all 3 of them...
Thu 10/05/07 at 21:52
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
It's an old system, something will only come up if you put in a cartridge.
The light is supposed to be red; you obviously have a PS2, it is just there to show the system is on.
Thu 10/05/07 at 20:25
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Ok here comes my first stupid question, my N64 has arrived, and when i turn the powere on it goes red, but only red, and when i press the reset button nothing happens.

I thought you would have to turn it on, producing a red light, and then press the reset button to make it go green and actually be able to use.

Instead it just stays red and when I press the reset button nothing happens. Nothing comes up on my telly either. Is the console/reset button broke or is it just the telly?

Please help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.