GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto 3: Shocking Stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 02:21
Regular
Ok.
This is the game my PS2 was made for. However, it is massively violent, immoral and just plain wrong.
I am an adult and am clearly not affected by video-game violence, so it's ok for me to like this.

Reasons why GTA3 is good:

Variable weather.
During one mission, it rained, then got foggy, then got sunny again.
The rain effects are incredible and affect the handling of the cars/vans etc

Crashes
I crashed many time and ran away to crash again.
This is a good thing.

Police Cars
They go fast with sirens blazing, the other cars pull over and stop.
So I ran into them and stole more cars

Violence
I beat up several old people and stole their pensions.
Then I beat up some prostitutes and stole their money
Then I beat up more old people, because it was funny and they dont fight back too well
I beat up a police man, stole his shotgun and wandered about shooting old people.
I stole a gang-car and performed a drive-by on several pedestrians, then the police caught me.

-----

Ok, joking apart.
The level of mayhem and wanton violence in this game is shocking, the fact you can shoot old people and rob them, or shoot anyone and rob them?
Or run them down?
or set them on fire?

If I wasn't a responsible adult, and secure that people will play this and realise it's only a game, it'd be worrying.

Incredible graphics, gameplay like you wouldn't believe and it IS the best thing to grace the PS2 so far.
Without exception.
And because it is "only a game", it's amusing to rob, murder and carjack for entertainment.

And the voice acting?
Joe Pantiolano (The Matrix, Bound, The Goonies)
Robert Loggia (Scarface and many, many others)
Kyle Machlachlan (Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet etc)
And others.
This game rules, and I can't deny it made me glad I got a PS2.
Finally, a year after launch (almost), it is starting to show what it is capable of.

Expect The Daily Mail to start it's usual "Ban this sick filth" campaign in a day or two.

And I hope none of you under-18s are playing this, because that would be illegal.
Or something
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:31
Regular
WOW!
cool
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Mystique wrote:
> ok the hookers i read in i think it was Play that you can have your way with
> her...is this true? i've picked one up and then beat her wiv my bat...but thats
> it

Yeah you can, pick them up and then find a dark little spot (side alley or carpark) and stop and wait. The car starts to rock and shake, then she gets out. After which you can go out and bat her to get your money back. It also boosts your health : )
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:23
Regular
ok the hookers i read in i think it was Play that you can have your way with her...is this true? i've picked one up and then beat her wiv my bat...but thats it
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:20
Regular
oooo baby got me an uzi and went crusin in "my" taxi for some drive by killings!

has anyone hijacked a plane yet?
dont tell me how or when just yes or no and whether its in the wow factor!
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
*Steps away from Edwin ever-so carefuly....

... and the runs!...*
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:10
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
TIP:

If you kill someone, but dont want the ambulance to save em, park a car over em. U get a murder one and more points.

This works for gta 1, 2 ,3 and of course real life!

Ive ordered the game but i dont know when it will come.
BOo HOO! i wanna kill now!
Sat 27/10/01 at 15:24
"period drama"
yeah, if only i waited about 3 more weeks for my ps2 i could have got it oh-so much cheeper.

grrr
Sat 27/10/01 at 15:11
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
8-Ball wrote:
> yeh i suppose so but i like the PS2 version they have a special offer GTA3+PS2
> for some thing like £219 not bad

Wow, that's a great deal!
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:37
Regular
"always swirling"
you can shot people?
you can burn people?
you can run them over and over?

it sounds great!
i gotta get this game!!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:28
The Game wrote:
> I wonder if they'll have a GTA-type game on Gamecube where you have to go round
> picking flowers and giving them to people... Press L or R to look out the
> Mariomobile window and throw flowers at an unsuspecting koopa!
LOL and when you see old grannies you have to sprint as fast as you can to make sure they cross the road alright!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.