GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ping Times"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/05/10 at 14:59
Regular
recently I was hearing data noise on my phone when making calls, BT said there was no fault on my line and suggested that I replace my broadband filters, this I did and now the phone line is clear as a bell, how ever my son says now that his ping time (double dutch to me) has risen from a steady 200 to 400, can any one offer any tips on how to reduce this?

Digi
Thu 27/05/10 at 17:07
"Are you sure?"
;¬)

Glad to hear it's going well again Digi.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 27/05/10 at 16:31
Regular
and an even bigger thank you to you Hmmmmm

Digi
Thu 27/05/10 at 11:26
"Are you sure?"
Thu 27/05/10 at 11:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Didn't really do much myself that Hmmm... didn't suggest already....... but don't mention it :D
Thu 27/05/10 at 10:38
Regular
yeah we will keep an eye on things from this end warhunt many thanks

digi
Thu 27/05/10 at 08:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Must resist urge to talk about WoW.......

Glad to hear. As far as I'm aware my colleague that you spoke to did not take any actual action on the connection so nothing has changed. It could just be fluctuations then due to the noise before....

It seems unlikely as the line stats you sent back were "decent" as Hmmm.... has suggested (thought I had best obviously credit him this time...)

Would you prefer to monitor the line and keep us updated?
Thu 27/05/10 at 05:36
Regular
Hi Eccles - Ok so last night his PING has came down, now am not sure if this is because interleaving is now off, (or has it always been off?) or because its now about 5 days since I fitted the new filters, and am getting a steady conection again? or if its just a fluke and no one else was using the War craft servers but last night he was pinging between 80 and 150 to his beloved game, and he saved the world so he says :-)

Digi
Wed 26/05/10 at 19:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ok so pings are fine. Can you get your son to do a ping and trace route to one of the game server he connects to? There may be something like a routing problem somewhere. Pings to America will always add several 10's of milliseconds (100 - 200ms + is not unreasonable).
Wed 26/05/10 at 19:19
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Ewwwww World of Warcraft talk!! 8-)
Wed 26/05/10 at 19:08
Regular
Warhunt - my son says.... with latency like that you would not last 1 hour he says by the time you cast a spell your dead!

Digi

Warhunt wrote:
> Ahhhh great stuff. World of Warcraft and latency issues....
>
> Feel free to mention to your son that I once encountered an
> hours worth of having my latency at 18000, whilst raiding Ulduar
> (he should know what that means) :D

>
> Anyway back to work....
>
> I would suggest we check your interleaving status, but it
> appears your BB is not in the account you posted from. I shall
> have a gander a bit more and then get back to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.