GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Chat Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/10 at 19:39
Regular
This is the thread for random game chat.
Sun 23/05/10 at 23:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
> I don't suppose you have any toasters in that 'famous attic' do
> you? :¬)
>
> God knows why, but we got rid of our Megadrive. I think the only
> things we have left from our childhood are Star Wars toys.

Toasters no...I'm certain, Mrs DL goes through those like there's no tomorrow...but we are still searching for Descent3, a LOR Map Book and any other 'game consoles' my kids may have owned...I'll contact them shortly and ask what else has been deposited :-))

(It's a big attic and I suppose now is the time to 'explore' because it's warmer)
Sun 23/05/10 at 21:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If I won a GAD, it would probably just go towards another game. I've got a few games on my list but most get bought by my brothers anyway. Similar tastes.
Sun 23/05/10 at 21:12
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I skipped the N64 and the Dreamcast (financially related) and I
> ended up with a Playstation as a present.

I picked them up off ebay around the time of the PS2. There were some great games on there. I remember playing Crazy Taxi and Power Stone on the Dreamcast. Loved them. :¬)

If you won a GAD GP, what would you spend it on? It's a pity Freeola don't do Steam vouchers too, I could buy a few games on there.
Sun 23/05/10 at 21:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Machie wrote:
> I never got the Mega CD, I think we just went straight to the
> Playstation.

I skipped the N64 and the Dreamcast (financially related) and I ended up with a Playstation as a present.
Sun 23/05/10 at 21:00
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I have a Megadrive and a Gamecube. The Wii also does the Gamecubes job. As much as I would like to own a NES, I don't see myself hooking it up and playing it much, just because it is easier to play them on the games on PC.
Sun 23/05/10 at 20:53
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I reckon I've got less money now then I did when I was a kid.
> Back then, I could save pocket money up for a game. Now I have to
> rely on others. It's a good job my brothers like games and buy
> them for themselves otherwise I would be very frustrated.

I use to play my brothers games too, but one moved away and the other got married. They never moved onto the next gen consoles (except the Wii) so I've yet to touch one.

> I suppose it is why emulators are so good. No cost and you get
> to play some classics. I still have a working Megadrive though.
> The Mega CD is busted now. The CD drive doesn't work anymore.

I never got the Mega CD, I think we just went straight to the Playstation.
Sun 23/05/10 at 20:48
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
> I don't know whether I can help you GP, but in my 'famous attic'
> I'm sure we have a Sega Mega, NES and a Game Cube....among other
> 'wonders'.....so if they're any good to you, you're welcome
> :¬)

I don't suppose you have any toasters in that 'famous attic' do you? :¬)

God knows why, but we got rid of our Megadrive. I think the only things we have left from our childhood are Star Wars toys.
Sun 23/05/10 at 20:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Grandprix wrote:
> I reckon I've got less money now then I did when I was a kid.
> Back then, I could save pocket money up for a game. Now I have to
> rely on others. It's a good job my brothers like games and buy
> them for themselves otherwise I would be very frustrated.
>
> I suppose it is why emulators are so good. No cost and you get
> to play some classics. I still have a working Megadrive though.
> The Mega CD is busted now. The CD drive doesn't work anymore.

I don't know whether I can help you GP, but in my 'famous attic' I'm sure we have a Sega Mega, NES and a Game Cube....among other 'wonders'.....so if they're any good to you, you're welcome :¬)
Sun 23/05/10 at 20:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I reckon I've got less money now then I did when I was a kid. Back then, I could save pocket money up for a game. Now I have to rely on others. It's a good job my brothers like games and buy them for themselves otherwise I would be very frustrated.

I suppose it is why emulators are so good. No cost and you get to play some classics. I still have a working Megadrive though. The Mega CD is busted now. The CD drive doesn't work anymore.
Sun 23/05/10 at 20:14
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I never owned a NES or a SNES for that matter. I borrowed a SNES
> for a bit and I enjoyed that but I was young back then and could
> only afford to support 1 console. That was the Megadrive.

Ditto, although I had to share it with two brothers. There were quite a few times we wished we had an NES/SNES though. Games like SF2 and RPGs like Zelda. I dont think there were any RPGs on the Megadrive.

> Emulators have been the only way I've been able to play and try
> out NES and SNES games.

I've not tried any, maybe I should. Oh but I just saw an ebay auction end for an NES and a bunch of games. Damn it's so cheap. Maybe instead of buying a game on Steam I should go retro and pick up an old console. There's plenty of good games I've never played.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.