GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Chat Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/10 at 19:39
Regular
This is the thread for random game chat.
Sat 29/05/10 at 20:00
Regular
You console gamers should get Steam, £11.89 for Portal, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Half Life 2: Loast Coast. What a bargain.
Thu 27/05/10 at 09:19
Regular
"And in last place.."
Thanks for the pointer, pb... the dpad is the only way to control the character in combat, I can actually block and do the regular moves, none of which I managed with the analogue stick.

It improves things a bit, it's still not great but it's at least playable now.
Wed 26/05/10 at 16:14
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
> Oh, and yes, I am able to block by pressing back on the digital
> pad, doesn't seem to work so well on the analogue though.

I tarted up my character at the end of my last play so I've not checked the difference it made. I'll try the d-pad, I'm not going to get far without my block.
Wed 26/05/10 at 16:00
Regular
I love Soul Calibur, the only DOA game I played was the beach volleyball one. Of course it wasn't mine you understand. :¬P

Playing HL2 makes me want to go back and play TimeSplitters. (you guys would have loved that game, I wonder if they'll make any more) Talking of HL2
Wed 26/05/10 at 15:17
"possibly impossible"
Oh, and yes, I am able to block by pressing back on the digital pad, doesn't seem to work so well on the analogue though.
Wed 26/05/10 at 15:02
"possibly impossible"
Have you kitted up in the world screen? If you start to wear the clothes you collect through the levels they will give you extra strength, defence and powers which help get you though the level. Don't forget to level up both characters.
Wed 26/05/10 at 14:37
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'd agree with Soul Calibur, excellent game. I dusted off the Dreamcast and played it recently and it's still good.

I've not got too far in the Tekken 6 story mode. It picked up a little when I got my hands on a gattling gun but sadly that didn't last long. Can you block in story mode? Anytime I've pressed in the opposite direction my character moves off. I took a pummelling in the level with all the Gun Jacks and barely had any health by the time I reach the boss so didn't last long.
Wed 26/05/10 at 14:20
"possibly impossible"
Story mode seems to be getting better as I go through it on Tekken 6. The arcade mode feels a little more like Dead or Alive.

My favourite fighter has to be Soul Calibur on Dreamcast though, another series I followed through from Soul Blade/Edge on PS1.
Wed 26/05/10 at 11:17
Regular
"THFC"
Tekken Tag was my first game on the Ps2, along with Unreal Tournmament!

Never really one for fighting games too much, except for Naruto ones, the best ever has to be Power Stone on the Dreamcast lol, i had so much fun playing that!
Wed 26/05/10 at 10:24
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've not played a Tekken game since TTT on the PS2. I always liked the games but I'm quite disappointed in this offering. The arcade mode is still solid although I think it now requires a mastering of the moves which the earlier games didn't need to the same degree. I think it's gone a bit Street Fighter in that respect. I find times when I am completely unable to get off the ground because the AI is laying into me and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Even the usual rolling or swift low kick were too slow to prevent the battering.

I've also seen the AI keep me in the air until KO and I had more than half a health bar at the time. Again I was unable to do anything about that.

I'm finding the story mode is fairly terrible and the gameplay is a little basic. What happened to Tekken Bowling? That was at least fun?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.