GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WTF goes on? (staff member in here please)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/01 at 13:16
Regular
WTF goes on with this GAD system? now I know what your thinking "oh god it's another person complaining because he didn't win" well in a way your right. The thing is I wouldn't have minded loosing to another review, but when I spend all afternoon writing a review only to find im beaten by some guy who copied four cheats out of magazine, it kind of annoys me.

I'm not saying that my review should have won, but there where other good reviews submitted on the same day. Surely the GAD should have gone too someone who actually made some effort?

I know at the end of the day it's the judges decision who wins, but it really annoyed me. Anyway that's all have too say on the matter. I don't want to get known as amoaning git.
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
be like me tiltawhirl and just don't give a ;-)
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:13
Yeah, what 'e said, but from a consumer point of view rather than staff. Er.... read what Snuggly wrote but replace "we" for "they" and thats my viewpoint I think!?!

Tra la laa.
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:16
Regular
Well........ He sure told you! :-D
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It works like this. Person posts some cheats. Person wins game for adding cheats. Person comes back and adds more cheats, hoping to win. We get lots of cheats. Happy ending for all.
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:20
Except me. I have no cheats:-(

"Spare a cheat guvner?"
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:22
So are you telling us that you have never seen those 4 (4!) cheats anywhere else before?

I think not.
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:23
Regular
*Hands I am the Tarrant a cheat*

There ya go mate, dont use it all at once
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:26
Look, if SR want to give away 25000 quids worth of games etc. in exchange for reviews, cheats and quality banter, well done to them. They are getting us all to write in. In doing so, we have made friends (maybe everyone hates me, I don't know) and we are all here chatting about gaming because of it.
SR, keep your shops, your site and your competitions going. I hope I win something one day. Until then, let the fun continue !!
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Dave From Ilson wrote:
> So are you telling us that you have never seen those 4 (4!) cheats anywhere else
> before?

I think not.

Have you ever discovered a cheat for yourself?

I think not.

No-one makes cheats themselves, about 99% of the cheats we have are from somewhere else.
Thu 25/10/01 at 15:27
If anyone reads PC Gamer I am sure they have seen those cheats in there before....

..... along long time ago though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.