GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the SCARIEST film of all time..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/01 at 11:00
Regular
I did the funniest film forum, now the scariest. Here are the likely candidates.

1. Hollow Man
The special effects, with the paint are great.

2. Scream
Old skool, but scary

3. Alien
Scary, scary, scary.....

4. The haunting
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. Your vote here.
Anything that scared you

6. Those devilish little Teletubbies.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:31
Regular
rattle snake3 wrote:
> Here r a few pointless little facts on the film Psycho.

1. It was the first
> film ever to have a toilet shown and flushed in it.

2. The sound or the nife
> stabbing the girl in the shower was done by having a nife slashing up a cabasa
> melon.

3. When they were recording the shower scene, because they filmed
> shots from so many different angles, they created the effect of a brutal attack,
> either though the RUBBER nife they used never even touched the actress!

> Because it was filmed in black and white, Hitchcock thought that the stage blood
> they were using look unrealistic, so they actually used chocolate syrup for fake
> blood!

5. The 45 second long shower scene in PSYCHO was Hitchcock's most
> famous scene ever, even including his other big hits like The Birds and
> Vertigo.

You didn't say that the hand that is shown to be stabbing the Janet Leigh (woman in the shower) was actually Hitchcocks hand, shot at a later date.

God I know a lot of pointless crap about that film.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:27
Regular
dogbert wrote:
> Blair Witch was crap. It cost about a grand to make and wasnt scary at all. I
> reckon u should see House On Haunted Hill because it has a lot of scenes full
> off gore- Great!!

House on Haunted Hill better than Blair Witch?

HA HA you are joking aren't you?

That film was pile of cack, the acting was terrible the effects where abysmal, about as scary as Byker Grove.

The scariest film of all time has to be Halloween, there really is not contest, the first time I saw that film it scared the crap out of me. There's so much tention and like a lot of modern horror films do, it didn't rely on gore, it was purely about building up the suspense. Michael Myers has got to be one of the scariest characters ever.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:25
cool gladiator is on Sky premier tonight!!!!!!!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:13
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Basicly, this girl is in the shower and the Psycho attacks her with a nife. It's meant 2 b really famous.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:05
5. The 45 second long shower scene in PSYCHO was Hitchcock's most famous scene ever, even including his other big hits like The Birds and Vertigo. what happened i havent seen the film
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:01
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Oh, and also, Hitchcock got a letter from an angry father, saying that his daughter who had refused to take a bath after seeing a certain horror film, now refused to shower after seeing PSYCHO. He demanded that something be done about it. Hitchcock sent a note back saying: "Send her to the dry-cleaners."!!!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:56
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Here r a few pointless little facts on the film Psycho.

1. It was the first film ever to have a toilet shown and flushed in it.

2. The sound or the nife stabbing the girl in the shower was done by having a nife slashing up a cabasa melon.

3. When they were recording the shower scene, because they filmed shots from so many different angles, they created the effect of a brutal attack, either though the RUBBER nife they used never even touched the actress!

4. Because it was filmed in black and white, Hitchcock thought that the stage blood they were using look unrealistic, so they actually used chocolate syrup for fake blood!

5. The 45 second long shower scene in PSYCHO was Hitchcock's most famous scene ever, even including his other big hits like The Birds and Vertigo.

Like felt like posting that!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:48
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Did u no that in the exorcist, the woman who did the demonic voice 4 regan didn't have her name in the credits, so she sued the film company (I think it was universal) for something like $50,000. That's like £37,000 2 u. Also, the exorcist has been re-released on DVD, featuring an alternate ending and the brilliant spider-walk bit. Got 2 get it!!!!! GR8 film.
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Wasting away"
Mattyboy wrote:

House on Haunted Hill was alright - It started off well but the ending was terrible!!

To be frank, I thought the whole film was awful. I saw the adverts for it when I went to watch 'The Bone Collector' at the cinema and thought 'What a cool film that'll be' and all the normal. So maybe I was expecting it to be good when I got it and that's why but I didn't find it scary nor midly entertaining.
Sat 27/10/01 at 10:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
House on Haunted Hill was alright - It started off well but the ending was terrible!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.