GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC.. XB.. PS2 - £40.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
how are you going to manage to get them that cheap???
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
from your auctions James, obviously
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> I'll get a couple off eBay :-D

Glad to hear it.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:32
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'd rather knowing that should something go wrong I have the power of the eBay lawyers behind me
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:33
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> from your auctions James, obviously

Again, glad to hear it. My plan is to put an xbox, PS2 and Gc on eBay,and take personal orders from SR.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They wouldn't be sold that cheap, not even in a wholesalers!

It doesn't work like that!

These consoles are most probably stolen and selling them at a price like that on a public internet forum is going to raise a few eyebrows.

You're trying to flog a load of stolen consoles, but little do you know that the police now have all your details as they're all plugged into this site!

Just sit there and await to be deported.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
There's no way they'd be sold that cheap from a wholesaler. There's something extremely dodgy there.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:00
Regular
J-42 wrote:
> What's your pouint. They lost money when they sold the xbox's then,
> what maes you think that they're gonna change, plus Bill GAtes is
> relying on xbox 2 to make the money.

My point is, these 'wholesalers' you continually refer to will receive the consoles for more than £20 due to the reasons I gave and so would NOT legitimately distribute them for less.

> Wholesalers buy the console from Wherever, they then sell them on to
> shops, such as GAME, they make say 1000. They only sell 900, they then
> sell the other consoles to people for cheap prices.

Sorry, but that's bollards. If they had surplus - they would simply 'put them by' and deduct the amount they didn't sell from their new orders. Simple you see, and they wouldn't lose profit. You *could* have a point saying that new, improved versions of the Xbox and PS2 have been released and therefore, retailers would want only the best. But how would that explain the cheap GameCubes?

No. Until you come up with a better reason, these seem either illegal or false and I wouldn't touch this offer with a barge pole. Others may be willing to take risks - but in my opinion, everything here's decidedly dodgy.

> Until then, I'll stick with my view that there's no such thing as a
> free lunch or in this case, a shockingly low priced one.
>
> Okay, you do that. To prove ou wrong, i'll buy you lunch tomorrow.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
He's a pillock.

All it's gonna take is someone from SR to forward the details of this message and J-42 onto the police and he could get into big trouble.

Of course the'd have to prove it but if he tries to carry on selling consoles on a site that sells LEGAL ones, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just forwarded his details and a copy of this message on.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:05
Regular
[nods]

He also happens to be my brother.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What you nodding at?

The fact that they're stolen or are you trying to back him up too?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.