GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You there !! what magazine is worth buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 17:58
Regular
for the xbox? one with a free dvd chock fulla goodies preferably, good reviews, and not six tonnes of adverts.

ok, you may now recommend one (please) :
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:59
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Just get OXM.
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:56
Regular
none of this is helping chaps, although it does make sense that an official mag would be so biased it licked balls
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:00
Regular
Just before second half kicks off I would like to say that people are far too critical of Blinx. I found it very enjoyable but its not a 9 or 10/10 game. Its around the 7-8/10 mark. A lot of the peopel who criticise it haven't even played it and they are just going by what a few other people have said.
Wed 11/06/03 at 20:57
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Quoted from your review;

"I rate this product 10/10 "
Wed 11/06/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The OXM issue you have, what one is it? Is it the one with Enter the Matrix/ Halo 2 on the cover?
Wed 11/06/03 at 18:42
"I love yo... lamp."
Well I told you, get Xbox World.
Wed 11/06/03 at 18:40
Regular
Got the official mag today, from wht i've read it seems okay. Bought it mainly for the demo disk though.

It's your usual official mag, pretty biased and gives away quite a few stupid scores. Blinx 9.3? pffffffffft

And I quote "takes platform gaming into uncharted territory. Essential"
That's just as bad as NOM giving Starfox 9/10

Why OXM have to shove "ONLY ON XBOX" everywhere I have no idea.
Wed 11/06/03 at 10:50
Regular
Xbox Gamer was the worst magazine I had read in ages.

It read like an NGC wannabe.

But seeing as that's the only Xbox magazine I've bothered to read, I can't really advise you any more on this subject.
Wed 11/06/03 at 02:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Xbox World. It has just started recently. The reviews are pretty good, it has a DVD (only movies though, no demos) and it is really funny. No seriously funny. £3.99.

Quote from their preview of Sonic Heroes:
"Sonic Team doesn't make games that suck. We trust Sonic Team. Hell, we love Sonic Team. If it was legally possible for a man to marry a corporate development unit we'd be Mrs Sonic Team by morning."

that cracked me up. In Ikeas coffee shop. Free refills!!!!!
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:57
Regular
"QPR 1974"
OXM - definately the best. I agree with most of their reviews, always have the information first, free demo disc with videos, and monthly competitions and Play:More Challenges. Worth the £5.99 asking price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.