GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are kids stupid?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 16:22
Regular
Are they?

I certainly don't feel any different now I'm 'grown up'. Isn't it annoying how you're not allowed to do certain things when you're young?

You're supposed to be 16 before you're left in the house on your own. You have to be 15 to watch some films. You have to be 17 to drive. I could go on.
I don't feel like I'm more responsible now than I was ten years ago. Does anyone else?

Why don't people have the same regard for a child's intellectual opinions as they do an adults?
"He's just a kid, what does he know?"
I took an IQ test when I was nine and I got the same score as I did just a year or so ago. If anything, I'd say I used to be smarter.

Why are people suprised when a kid does something clever, puts forward a decent opinion, or any other triviality which you wouldn't comment on in an adult?
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:30
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Smoking and drinking are, IMO, more kiddish things to do.

I know more kids
> that smoke (various substances, catnip pulled through a shotgun being the latest
> trend) and drink than I do adults.

They all have the IQ of two and will work in fast food retaurants for the rest of their pityful lives
muhahahahhahaha
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
The R@ckstar wrote:
> Ant wrote:
lots of
> people I 'know' at my school spend all their times at
> clubs, pubs and a few of
> them are partaking in *AHEM* on a regular
> base.

It's no different at my school. People at the age of 13, in my class,
> are going clubbing, smoking, drinking, using their credit card and doing the
> "Hibbity-Dibbity" on a regular occurence. I don't understand why
> people want to grow up so quickly. If anything, I want to stay young and have a
> worry-free life. Unfortunatley, that is not possible. When you get to the of
> 20+, you have debts to pay, bills to pay etc. It really is a backwards universe
> in a way.

Hibbity-Dibbity! LOL! Sorry, but that term is very funny. Thanks for making me laugh Rockstar, I needed that, as a topic I'll post soon here will show.
Wed 31/10/01 at 21:39
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Smoking and drinking are, IMO, more kiddish things to do.

I know more kids that smoke (various substances, catnip pulled through a shotgun being the latest trend) and drink than I do adults.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:11
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
Kids are not stupid!!! I'm warning you!!!!!!!
I'm left in the house on my own so there.
Wed 31/10/01 at 08:32
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Ant wrote:
lots of
> people I 'know' at my school spend all their times at clubs, pubs and a few of
> them are partaking in *AHEM* on a regular base.

It's no different at my school. People at the age of 13, in my class, are going clubbing, smoking, drinking, using their credit card and doing the "Hibbity-Dibbity" on a regular occurence. I don't understand why people want to grow up so quickly. If anything, I want to stay young and have a worry-free life. Unfortunatley, that is not possible. When you get to the of 20+, you have debts to pay, bills to pay etc. It really is a backwards universe in a way.

What Hatboy said is also very true. Schools teachers and headteachers are very much to blame for this. We all think that pupils don't listen to their more educated counterparts, but they must. You always hear teachers babbling on about "Oh, you're young adult now!" and such other remarks. It really stinks for those among us who want to stay worry-free, just chilling out, sitting back, relaxing and playing our favourite game all day long. Anyone agree here? Thanks for reading. R@ckstar.
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Dav1d wrote:
> Looks like youve got GCSEs ahead of you then sheepy...... Bad Luck! :-D

Done them :-P

IN SCOTLAND THERE NOT CALLED BLOODY GCSE's PHEW
Mon 29/10/01 at 13:58
The R@ckstar wrote:

> I am what most like to call a "young adult".

Ahh herein lies the problem.

You see a Hundred years ago a Child was a Child until such a time as they reached Adulthood. This being when they went into the big wide world to sweep Chimneys for tuppence a week and all the Soot they could eat.

Now we don't just have children, we have adolescents and teenagers, toddlers and babies, Children, "Young Adults" nobody can tell what they are.

I'm of the opinion that Senior School teachers are to blame for this. The first day speech from the Head Master to welcome the new arrivals inevitably at some point contains the phrase "We welcome you to your new school.....blah, blah, blah, .....not as children but as "Young Adults" and in doing so expect you to behave in a manner befitting of an Adult." or something thereabouts. Whatever is sown that morning in those most unfamiliar surroundings is the seed of something evil.

On the plus side the tune has changed somewhat since I was last here. It's good to see at least some of the youngsters are proud to be Kids. growing up is fine but in all honesty the lucky/unlucky (delete as appropriate) ones are going to have 60ish years of being grown up and responsible. In comparison you only get 15 years of childhood nowhere near enough time to break sticks on Lamp Posts, climb on Garage roofs, set your watch back half an hour before you go into the house.

Hooray for youth! long may I and all that I know avoid leaving it behind.
Sun 28/10/01 at 23:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with Rockstar, teenagers want to grow up too early. I'm 14, and lots of people I 'know' at my school spend all their times at clubs, pubs and a few of them are partaking in *AHEM* on a regular base.

Me?? Well, I'd rather not grow up too fast. At the moment I enjoy playing video games, going on the Internet, playing football at a couple of yuoth clubs I go to and also playing snooker and bowling up at this place me and my mates are members of.

In a few years time I'll have much less spare time, and to be honest, I can't see what's so great about that. Of course, there'll be lots of new stuff to do as well, and many new things to do in life, but at the moment I'm content with life. Although GCSE stuff is a bit of a pain, but still...
Sun 28/10/01 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with Rockstar, teenagers want to grow up too early. I'm 14, and lots of people I 'know' at my school spend all their times at clubs, pubs and a few of them are partaking in *AHEM* on a regular base.

Me?? Well, I'd rather not grow up too fast. At the moment I enjoy playing video games, going on the Internet, playing football at a couple of yuoth clubs I go to and also playing snooker and bowling up at this place me and my mates are members of.

In a few years of
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
Looks like youve got GCSEs ahead of you then sheepy...... Bad Luck! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.