GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony handheld to beat GBA into a pulp"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 15:52
Regular
The new Sony handheld will offer raw speed faster than the PS1, but just short of PS2. This will be many times more powerful than the GBA. For storage, the Sony handheld will use a 1.8Gb capacity disc system. This holds even more data than Nintendo's GameCube which is limited to 1.5Gb.
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Just remember, the more powerful/sophisticated/techincally better machine invariably doesn't win the battle.

Megadrive sold more than SNES despite not being as good.
PSone sold more than N64 despite not being as good.
PS2 sells more than Gamecube and Xbox despite not being as good.

Just follow what history says.
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:23
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Sony will find it difficult to topple the Game Boy Advance even if this new handheld is fantastic. I know they took the best share of the market with the PSOne on their first real attempt but there wasn't one truly dominating console around at that time. In fact, 1995 was more of a transition period with the Mega Drive and SNES beginning to go away and the Saturn had just been released, but it wasn't selling well. That was an easy market to get into. But here you're talking about them trying to get into a market that Nintendo essentially has the monopoly on. The Sony device will take a good chunk of the handheld market but it won't become handheld leader, at least not for a long while.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:41
Regular
While these people are babbling here i'll play my cube and the lovely skies.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:40
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
don't hold back offense on our behalf.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:38
Regular
No offence but i find nintendo fans protecting against these kind of people and not exactly going 'Nintendo is teh l33tz, PS2 iz fer geekz'
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
that makes me feel all the better.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I read it.
You called him a wankshaft.
I laughed.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
why is my hillarious new thread being ignored?
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gerrid wrote:
> You'd have trouble getting Lithium everywhere.

Genius.
Wed 11/06/03 at 17:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You'd have trouble getting Lithium everywhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.