GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People of Special reserve, i need your help...yes you"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/06/03 at 12:02
Regular
Ok i REALLY wanna get this whole online PS2 thing going on, but i dont have broadband, so can people tell me some good service providers and there term/conditions and monthly charges. So basically, what connection are you on and why? O and I dont think i'm in a telewest area, so other providers are welcome here.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Lets hope freeola arn't watching.

www.nkdsl.co.uk

512kb download, 256kb upload, 18.99 a month.

You do have to pay for connection though (£50) but thats the same with any provider.

If anyone knows anything cheaper than that, I'll be impressed.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Slaveunit wrote:
> look up a company called Nildram.

ok
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
look up a company called Nildram.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I don't have broadband I dont think I can get it where I live until
> they lay some cables.
>
> LAY THE DAMN CABLES.
>
> I have to pay for the new myself as I am pretty much the only ne who
> uses it, and I can't afford the broadband charges anyway.

Ahh someone who shares my same problems. The thing is i might be able to rope my mum into SOME of the bill paying, if she's gonna benifit.

I seriously want this feature though, and am willing to £20 a month (That would a a fourh of my income soon, but at the moment ints more like a third)

I'm trying to find some kind of bundle where i get a bill of about £30 that i can convince my mum will be worth her forking out a tenner a month and will be able to support my online gaming needs.

I here Fantasy Meisters a wizard of knowledge, so if your out ther, do you know anything that would be suitable for me?
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I don't have broadband I dont think I can get it where I live until they lay some cables.

LAY THE DAMN CABLES.

I have to pay for the new myself as I am pretty much the only ne who uses it, and I can't afford the broadband charges anyway.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:31
Regular
"QPR 1974"
It depends what speed PS2online will need. If it's 128k/s then that's cheaper; but chances are it'll be similar to XboxLive's 512k/s minimum.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
You gotta pay heavily if you want online gaming.

Personally, I'll stick to having your mates around and playing mulitplayer. When it get cheaper I might go for it, unless Pro-Evo online comes out.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Hallelujah"
£29.99?!

I thought there were cheaper ways to get online with a broadband line!

I just want online gaming, thats all.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:24
" Crazy!"
Sorry garlic I can't help becasue I live in Hull were karoo have fixed it so that everyone other provider costs 2p a min or more all the time, even after peak or at weekends. So I'm with Karoo rapidtime standard. It costs £29.99 a month.
Thu 12/06/03 at 12:23
Regular
"QPR 1974"
£24.99 600kb/s monthly, with the console deal, £5 extra. I believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.