GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A mind boggleing question, is there an edge to the universe???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 19:00
Regular
One thing which always gets me thinking and in the end ususally hitting myself to stop me thinking about it, is the universe. What kind of a strange place do we live in, do you have any theory's which you want to share?
Is there an edge to the universe?
What if we are just living in some small spec of dirt for an aliens world?
How far is as far as the eye can see?
And another thing which really gets me annoyed is this quote: If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
These are the things which can drive a man to madness.
But just remember, E=M C squared.
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:02
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
It's only unanswerable because it's badly worded. Plenty of those types of questions around....

How many pounds in fifteen?

See, that was easy to do wan't it?
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:01
Regular
The GingerLord wrote:
> Exactly....it's an unanswerable question.

That's becuase it's just plain stupid.

Here's another:

How does a mouse
> when it spins?

Like this one.
Wed 24/10/01 at 11:55
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Exactly....it's an unanswerable question. Here's another:

How does a mouse when it spins?
Wed 24/10/01 at 11:45
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Five what??
Wed 24/10/01 at 11:41
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yes, but how many beans make five?
Wed 24/10/01 at 08:17
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Iraqistan Man wrote:
> For gods sakes people I know how sound is made, but does it make a sound if
> there is no one to hear it. Don't say yes cos' nobody knows. Youre still going
> to say it does, BUT U JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!!

Well I just do know actually. If you are going to believe the physical laws that we use to define our world and everything else, then you have to believe this. You don't say for example, 'If I don't see an aircraft fly, then they can't', or 'The sun didn't rise because I didn't see it do so'. This is the equivalent of a child covering its eyes and assuming that because he/she cannot see you, you cannot see him/her.

If you know that trees make a sound when they fall when you are there, what reason do you have for suggesting they don't? Don't say you just don't know, because the same laws of energy conservation that enable you to type your message and post it here are the same ones that state that a tree will make a sound irrespective of whether you're anywhere near it or not.

Are you sure you know why sound exists?
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
How far can the eye see?
Well, its about 50miles if you have 20/20 vision. After that the world starts to curve ever so slightly so you could probably see a tall building from 200 miles away.
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If there's no-one there, how do we know it actually falls, and doesn't teleport or something? Could well be silent.
Tue 23/10/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Great Scott's"
well that has gone well over my head!
Tue 23/10/01 at 18:22
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
For gods sakes people I know how sound is made, but does it make a sound if there is no one to hear it. Don't say yes cos' nobody knows. Youre still going to say it does, BUT U JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.