GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gothics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 13:11
Regular
You cant step into a park, walk down a street or get on some public transport without seeing some teenager dressed in black. these people are gothics or goths as they are usualy called.

why are they that way is what i want to know. its usualy connected to music. when i listen to music, like papa roach or linkin park, it doesnt make me want to dress up all in black, but it does make goths do it.in most of these bands the members dont go around looking like the way goths do, they wear baggy t-shirts etc.

me and my mate went into reading the other day. there is this park that lies between the town and the big out of town shops like comet and toys r us.i call the par 'goth park' as it is full of gothics. anyway me and my mate walked into thge park and he said 'i dont see any goths here' i told him to look at a tree, he looked over at a big tree that i was pointing to, underneath it was a group of 30 - 40 goths, just sat there.everywhere you looked the was groups of goths, some small, some big. It was a bit like steping into Jurassic park, the whole place was over run by goths.

I didnt really used to care about goths but now I do.I had been best friends with someone since year 7, then in year 10 he started to get reallyt into rock and heavy metal music.slowly we began to grow apart, then he stopped hanging with me and everyone else he used to be friends with, and befriended this group of outcasts.then we all went away for two weeks of work experience, i was on my luch break, down town and i saw the guy i just mentioned whos name is ollie.he was walking around with his mum and baby sister, wearing a big, black, hooded, maralyn manson top and he had died his hair black, and geled it up into spike things.soon rumours started to pour in when we were back at school, ollie wears black nail varnish and things like that. these rumours were confirmed last friday, when we had a non uniform day. he came to school completly goth'ed up, he had black trowsers that were covered in safety pins, loads of black, spikey braclets, another black top,a bag covered with black writing saying things like
'you have the right to bleed'which was also covered in safety pins and he had black nail varnish.he was showing off his nokia phone a bit as well, which he had spray painted black and covered with spikes. the dumbest thing of all is if you say to him that hes a goth, he will danie it and say that he isnt.

This guy ( that i just spoke about) once was my best friend, who loved nintendo.i remember him telling me onbce that he had seen a friend from his old school in town one day.his friend had gone goth since he had last seen him.ollie said to me that the boy was wearing all black, chains,spikes and even black lipstick. ollie went on to say how he took the mick out of the boy and told him how stupid he looked. i think that thios friend had something to do with his change.he had brown hair and dressed like normal people, now that he has changed i dont speak to him, i just stay away.were now in year 11, i have not made any contact with him for almost a year.

When you ask a goth why they dress in black, they usualy say something like this:

Its represents the act of death, and the meaningless of life

Its cool

I do it to be different

Why do they say it makes them different? the first few people who did it were different, but now that there are loads of them, they arnt different or unique.

If you see anyone doing these things or whearing these things, there could only be a matter of time until they go goth on you:

Wearing all black
Carrying chains
wearing spiky neclesses or braclets
dying their hair black
writing 'evil' things on their bags
painting their nails black
wearing black lipstick
sitiing still, not moving, talking or laughing in a park
or any over goth like behaviour

I just dont know why they become that way.is it a cry for help, an act of rebellion or do they just want to look dumb and have everyone take the mick ad throw things at them? we may never know.

theres a small group of goths at my school, about 4 and their kind of leader is my old best friend.is there any near you?

I hope none of you on this forum are,but if anyone is, why are you and whats good about it?

thanks for reading
CDouch
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
You cant step into a park, walk down a street or get on some public transport without seeing some teenager dressed in black. these people are gothics or goths as they are usualy called.

why are they that way is what i want to know. its usualy connected to music. when i listen to music, like papa roach or linkin park, it doesnt make me want to dress up all in black, but it does make goths do it.in most of these bands the members dont go around looking like the way goths do, they wear baggy t-shirts etc.

me and my mate went into reading the other day. there is this park that lies between the town and the big out of town shops like comet and toys r us.i call the par 'goth park' as it is full of gothics. anyway me and my mate walked into thge park and he said 'i dont see any goths here' i told him to look at a tree, he looked over at a big tree that i was pointing to, underneath it was a group of 30 - 40 goths, just sat there.everywhere you looked the was groups of goths, some small, some big. It was a bit like steping into Jurassic park, the whole place was over run by goths.

I didnt really used to care about goths but now I do.I had been best friends with someone since year 7, then in year 10 he started to get reallyt into rock and heavy metal music.slowly we began to grow apart, then he stopped hanging with me and everyone else he used to be friends with, and befriended this group of outcasts.then we all went away for two weeks of work experience, i was on my luch break, down town and i saw the guy i just mentioned whos name is ollie.he was walking around with his mum and baby sister, wearing a big, black, hooded, maralyn manson top and he had died his hair black, and geled it up into spike things.soon rumours started to pour in when we were back at school, ollie wears black nail varnish and things like that. these rumours were confirmed last friday, when we had a non uniform day. he came to school completly goth'ed up, he had black trowsers that were covered in safety pins, loads of black, spikey braclets, another black top,a bag covered with black writing saying things like
'you have the right to bleed'which was also covered in safety pins and he had black nail varnish.he was showing off his nokia phone a bit as well, which he had spray painted black and covered with spikes. the dumbest thing of all is if you say to him that hes a goth, he will danie it and say that he isnt.

This guy ( that i just spoke about) once was my best friend, who loved nintendo.i remember him telling me onbce that he had seen a friend from his old school in town one day.his friend had gone goth since he had last seen him.ollie said to me that the boy was wearing all black, chains,spikes and even black lipstick. ollie went on to say how he took the mick out of the boy and told him how stupid he looked. i think that thios friend had something to do with his change.he had brown hair and dressed like normal people, now that he has changed i dont speak to him, i just stay away.were now in year 11, i have not made any contact with him for almost a year.

When you ask a goth why they dress in black, they usualy say something like this:

Its represents the act of death, and the meaningless of life

Its cool

I do it to be different

Why do they say it makes them different? the first few people who did it were different, but now that there are loads of them, they arnt different or unique.

If you see anyone doing these things or whearing these things, there could only be a matter of time until they go goth on you:

Wearing all black
Carrying chains
wearing spiky neclesses or braclets
dying their hair black
writing 'evil' things on their bags
painting their nails black
wearing black lipstick
sitiing still, not moving, talking or laughing in a park
or any over goth like behaviour

I just dont know why they become that way.is it a cry for help, an act of rebellion or do they just want to look dumb and have everyone take the mick ad throw things at them? we may never know.

theres a small group of goths at my school, about 4 and their kind of leader is my old best friend.is there any near you?

I hope none of you on this forum are,but if anyone is, why are you and whats good about it?

thanks for reading
CDouch
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
If you want to know why this message is in this forum, its because goths and music are closly connected.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:17
"High polygon count"
:-)

I don't know about elsewhere, but in my area most of the Goth females are on the 'large' side.

However... there are some that aren't, and I have to say that I find a lot of them seem quite sexy. Must be a fetish of mine.

Do I need help?
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:20
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Hmm, hard one that. How about.....yes.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:21
"High polygon count"
rattle snake3 wrote:
> Hmm, hard one that.

Only sometimes.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goths.

That has become such a mis-used term now.
Being a "Goth" used to be wearing flamboyant clothing, celebrating the unusual aspect of life.
Those frilly cuffed edwardian shirts and suede trousers, listening to folk music and wearing loads of colourful make-up.
NOT wearing black and being miserable.

Goths have changed over the past 10 years into these amusing studies of teen-angst and isolation.
These days, it would appear that being a Goth means listening to Marylin Manson and having a poster of The Crow on your wall.

The idealism of Goth has been ingested and spat back by MTV and other mediums that seem to portray it as "Wear black, have a white face and spike your hair up"

That is NOT what being a Goth is about.
Goth is interest in paganism, wizards, the earth as a healing organism, classical romanticism, literature...a general pursuit of the more arcane elements of life.
Not listening to heavy-metal and saying "I am an individual" and wearing black like everyone else.

Goths that think that are no more Goths anymore than "Punks" listen to Green Day and wear skate-clothes.

They've missed the point of it all and have adopted a previously mystical and obscure pursuit in life into yet another fashion/lifestyle pursuit.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:31
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
You missed a bit, now they're Grungers, not Goths. Different name, same weird people.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:38
They are known as modern Goths.

And while they are a bit pretentious, they are not entirely without there uses!

Goth taunting is an extremely fun sport. Especially if you can find one that takes itself REALLY seriously. Its best if you watch a group of Goths for a while, in an attempt to find the ring leader. He (as it usually is, despite the skirt he'll be wearing) is bound to be the one most into the idea of his "individuality". The most fun I've had is when discussing the "Individuality hand book" that he's clearly followed to a T!
They get wound up so very easily, but it never leads to violence! Its great!

Not like Bouncer taunting, which most regard as an extreme sport.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:41
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Actuallt, I would call Bouncer Taunting a blood sport.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
cant live with them, cant live without them

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.