GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Philosophy: The Best of Bill Hicks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 12:44
Regular
Whilst browsing through the confines of my local HMV, I was lucky enough to come across an import copy of Philosophy: The Best of Bill Hicks. Well, not withstanding I wrenched it from the shelf, quickly handed the cashier my hard earned money and rushed home to listen to it.

All the best Hicks stuff is here from his point of view on Smoking right to Gays in the Military and everything in between. The ironic thing is, everything he stood there and put into perspective is relevant in todayís society, I know this has been said before, but it really doesnít hit home unless you go and buy yourself a copy of this.

Also, I wouldnít advise listening to this on the Tube as sudden outbursts of hysterical laughter will causeí other people to look at you in a ìfunnyî way. Yes, I know this from personal experience.

"I lost my car, I lost my wife, I lost my job, I lost my house - don't do drugs"

"I lost my car - no wait! There it is, over there by the dumpster, see you tomorrow"
Tue 23/10/01 at 00:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> I've just downloaded a short Bill Hicks .mp3 called Beer Vs Pot, it's only two
> minutes long, but I have already realised one thing:

Beer Vs Pot

"Pot is a better drug for you than alchohol. Fact. You can't deny it. Say you're at a ballgame or a concert and someone is being loud, obnoxious and annoying. Are they drunk or are they stoned?
(Crowd shouts back "DRUNK!")
The one and only correct answer, show 'em what they won!
Say you're in a car accident, you're only going 4mph.
THUNK! Oh **** we hit something dude...
We forget to open the garage door.
Pot is a herb man, not only do I think it should be legalised, I think it should be mandatory.
You're stuck in traffic, real agitated and honking the horn?
Police come up "Shut up and smoke this"
*tokes on imaginary joint*
Oops sorry officer, I was taking life seriously for a moment there! What was I thinking?"
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:36
Regular
Heh, nice to see you back Bleeders. ;0)

I'm in Swansea on Wednesday. I promise you I will not leave there without Philosophy or an equal alternative. Not because I want to fit in with all this... I just think this is the sort of stuff the world and I need right now.
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
I've just downloaded a short Bill Hicks .mp3 called Beer Vs Pot, it's only two minutes long, but I have already realised one thing:

THIS MAN IS A COMEDY GENIUS.

'Nuff said.
Mon 22/10/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Totally Bill Hicks is out on DVD, but no extra stuff.
There's some legal wrangling at the moment with Bill's unreleased material and Rykodisc.

Basically Bill's estate is now controlled by his mother, who is trying to sift through years of material. Obviously it isn't easy for her hearing her dead son screaming his heart out so it's going to take a while.

Rykodisc control the stuff already out there, hence the new CD with no new stuff on it.

As for any books?

There is one being released this month (you can find it on Amazon somewhere) but it's not supposed to be that good. It's unauthorised and none of Hick's mates or family would speak to the writer.

However,there is another one being written by Kevin Booth (his best mate and producer of all the albums)
This book will rock.
And I was, for a period of 7 months, the ghost writer on it for him before someone in Texas took over (being in two seperate countries made it really hard to meet).

Some of the chapter outlines:

Girls in Garage Forts
Ninja Bachelor Party
Sam, Bill & the 3 day coke binge
Sorting through the emotional wreckage

Trust me, wait for the Kevin Booth, it will be the definitive book on Bill.
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:31
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hmm, I guess it isn't "new" in the truest sense of the word, although there were a few skits on the CD that I hadn't heard before.

If I'm correct, isn't there a DVD version of Totally Bill Hicks on the way out too? Wondering if any bonus material will be on there.

Goatie, know of any Bill Hick books at all?

Bleeders, no longer clipping the apex
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'm ordering this CD from Amazon now.

You reckon it's the best one for people
> who don't know Hicks at all?

Yeah, I've emailed your work addy YH, read it before you order it.
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:20
Hmmm... well ok! Its..... actually no. Tony told me off for posting random numbers and claiming it was my credit card number. So I'd better not test him further.

Anyway, I done emailed you! Or at least I hope I have, I may have read/ spelt adresses wrong, thus completely baffeling some random man.
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:18
Regular
I'm ordering this CD from Amazon now.

You reckon it's the best one for people who don't know Hicks at all?
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not by me you haven't, go on tell me.

I need a new shiny expensive thing.
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:14
Cool.

BTW my credit card number is 345....... oops I've been told off for this before!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.