GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are lots of games being altered???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 21:41
Regular
It has come to my attention that many games are being delayed and changed due to what happened in New York. No offense to the people who were hurt, but why do they have to alter games just because a plane is flying in the background. Or with the case of the new James Bond game just because it's set in a sky scraper and you fight inside it, why does it have to be changed? All the very best games have fighting, death and destruction in them apart from nearly all sport games of course. And even then they've got to change some American football game just because it has a plane flying over a stadium. Here are some of the games which are being changed: Max Payne (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto3 (PS2)
Smugglers Run2 (PS2)
There are many more.
All of these games were going to be the best titles ever but now the're all being changed.
What do you think?
Remember (No offense to the people who were hurt)
God be with them.
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:24
this topic sucks. you impatient fools should show a little more respect.
"another small step of victory" - I'm sure thats just what Osama bin Laden had in mind.

"Hmm... by killing lots of innocent people I can delay the release of GTA3 by at least 7 days!"

Come on....
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:14
i've gotta agree with every game getting changed and delayed that's another small step of victory for the terrorists. the best way to fight them is by leading our normal lives and not let them see they have affected us because that's what they want. people living in fear
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:50
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Yeah, but thats's not a game, thats an album. Most people know that it's only a game and no bad could possibly come from it. And somthing bad does happen, the people who do it are usually sick and twisted anyway.
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:46
well, the most unfortunate thing was a band whose album cover showed them outside the World Trade Center with a big detonation switch...

it was due to be released the day BEFORE the crash, but was pulled last minute due to technical problems!
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:41
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
It has come to my attention that many games are being delayed and changed due to what happened in New York. No offense to the people who were hurt, but why do they have to alter games just because a plane is flying in the background. Or with the case of the new James Bond game just because it's set in a sky scraper and you fight inside it, why does it have to be changed? All the very best games have fighting, death and destruction in them apart from nearly all sport games of course. And even then they've got to change some American football game just because it has a plane flying over a stadium. Here are some of the games which are being changed: Max Payne (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto3 (PS2)
Smugglers Run2 (PS2)
There are many more.
All of these games were going to be the best titles ever but now the're all being changed.
What do you think?
Remember (No offense to the people who were hurt)
God be with them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.