GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are lots of games being altered???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 21:41
Regular
It has come to my attention that many games are being delayed and changed due to what happened in New York. No offense to the people who were hurt, but why do they have to alter games just because a plane is flying in the background. Or with the case of the new James Bond game just because it's set in a sky scraper and you fight inside it, why does it have to be changed? All the very best games have fighting, death and destruction in them apart from nearly all sport games of course. And even then they've got to change some American football game just because it has a plane flying over a stadium. Here are some of the games which are being changed: Max Payne (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto3 (PS2)
Smugglers Run2 (PS2)
There are many more.
All of these games were going to be the best titles ever but now the're all being changed.
What do you think?
Remember (No offense to the people who were hurt)
God be with them.
Tue 23/10/01 at 18:17
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Exactly my Point Edwin, who cares that a plane is flying in the background of a game that you can't even shoot down or interact with. Although, On Twisted Metal Black, a plane does crash straight into a building next to you, So that's understandable.
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
NOOOOOOOO!

why should we bow down to terrorism and let it change our lives? we are ltting them win by changing how we think and what we do. that is waht they wanted in the first place!

Anyway what do those games gotta do with the attacks?
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
WÚÛkiee M¯nßÜÄR wrote:
> I can understand why some of the content of some games is being altered, but I
> have one burning question:

What is the point of changing the content of the
> PS2 version of Max Payne when you can go into a games store and buy the unedited
> PC version?

That makes no sense.

It does seem daft!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:43
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Its just not fair!!!!!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:24
"High polygon count"
I can understand why some of the content of some games is being altered, but I have one burning question:

What is the point of changing the content of the PS2 version of Max Payne when you can go into a games store and buy the unedited PC version?

That makes no sense.
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Digging!"
it is getting over the top

cor dear a plane hits a building and the whole world goes mad and war crazed. what next.
Mon 22/10/01 at 00:05
Regular
they shouldnt have erased it from spiderman we shouldnt forget the towers they may be gone now but if they were a major part of the film then they should stay...that is if they dont get blown up in the movie then i can see why they have been pulled from it
Sun 21/10/01 at 23:52
I don't think games are being pulled or delayed because they might influence people, purely to have "sensitive" material removed prior to release.
Sun 21/10/01 at 23:46
Iraqistan Man wrote:
> Yeah, but thats's not a game, thats an album. Most people know that it's only a
> game and no bad could possibly come from it. And somthing bad does happen, the
> people who do it are usually sick and twisted anyway.

In agreement with Iraqistan man I have to say that lets face it, anyone, who has the desire to carry out an attack such as that on Sept.11 doesn't need to get the idea from a game, movie, album cover etc. These people carry out these atrocities because they want to, not because they have played a video game. However, in the case of products such as the Spider man movie, which has been altered because of a scene with a web across the twin towers, this I can understand in case it causes upset or offends anyone. The makers of these products have to draw a line and as always we are in danger of going to the extreme side of caution.
Sun 21/10/01 at 23:09
Regular
Iraqistan Man wrote:
> okay, I gotta go now people, bye i'll be on tommorra.

no please wait stop dont leave
phft

FYI
i still think you're an idiot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.