GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"~SRS~ Clan chat!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/06/03 at 08:45
Regular
"Special Reserve Sonyphiles". That's the name voted to be the first ever Special Reserve online clan. Hopefully we can kick some bottom on SOCOM and other online games, while enjoying the whole experience as much as possible. If you would like to join the clan, just post your SOCOM username, and then whoever is in charge of the clan, will send you an invite (So check your SOCOM online invites!).

We decided not to have any rules as such. Obviously it would be nice to be a top team, but all that really matters is that we have FUN. So if you're not very good it doesn't matter! No one will have a go at you, that's not what we would like this clan to be about.

To join, you obviously need to be an SR user. Newbies to SR aren't going to be turned down, but it would be preferable if we got to know you a little bit first. It's also possible that people who aren't SR users may join the clan. But like I said, I'm sure all you guys who are SR regulars would prefer it to be people who you know, so anyone joining the clan should join SR first, and make an impression on us.

Another thing is, I'm making this post, but I think we should all agree that there is no leader as such. Obviously someone has to do the clan news (That appears on the SOCOM server) and someone needs to start the clan up, but like similar to what I said before, this clan is about fun and I don't think anyone should boss anyone else around. So without further ado, lets get this show on the road!

P.S. My SOCOM name is Natbuc. Our SOCOM tag is ~SRS~ kindly thought up by Aliboy. (Quite where the kindness is in that, I don't know. It just sounded appropriate.)

Nath.
Page:
Mon 04/08/03 at 15:09
" Crazy!"
El Pinko, did you leave the clan, if so, I invited you again.
Mon 04/08/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had a pretty fun game today with a 2 on 1 battle against a guy named Aku and another person i can't remember on Frostfire.
Decided to mess around as i was outnumbered so put a claymore on the top of the ramp by the barrels. Waited for them to come running up and sure enough BOOM!!! both dead, 1-0. Did it again just as an experiment not thinking they'd be dumb enough to fall for it again and sure enough they did the same thing again BOOM!! both dead, 2-0. This happened twice more until they decided to go the other way up the stairs. Unfortunately for them i'd pre-empted this and BOOM!!! both dead, 5-0 and again for 6-0. I had a good laugh at that how each time they just both kept falling for the same thing. Pretty cheap i know but funny as hell :D
Mon 04/08/03 at 09:26
" Crazy!"
AliBoy wrote:
> The craziest Col! wrote:
> Thought I would post here, we have a friendly maytch against the GBH
> clan on Tuesday at 21:30.
>
> Should be around for that one. There was quite a few of us on earlier
> good to see.
> Also I have seen quite a few who are interested in joining so we must
> get noticed as being fairly decent.

If you want, e-mail the details, and I'll try to *track* them down while I'm playing.
Mon 04/08/03 at 00:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The craziest Col! wrote:
> Thought I would post here, we have a friendly maytch against the GBH
> clan on Tuesday at 21:30.

Should be around for that one. There was quite a few of us on earlier good to see.
Also I have seen quite a few who are interested in joining so we must get noticed as being fairly decent.
Sun 03/08/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Hallelujah"
my ranking is 5000 and something! Personally I think thats cool.
Sun 03/08/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had a good game last night with a couple of ~SRS~ people, Friday and Magnus. Both very good players and luckily Magnus was on my side killing a fair few people. Friday got me a few times but i gave him a fair share of bullets as well. If they are the usual standard of ~SRS~ then it is a very good clan.
Sun 03/08/03 at 13:36
" Crazy!"
El Juicy wrote:
> I went on Socom online the other day when i went round my mates, and i
> saw ~SRS~Ali kick some behind whilst i was lying dead on the floor :P
> I only played the game game for about an hour or so, but it just felt
> so good when i eventually killed someone, even if i did die soon
> after. Killing someone was just the best bit about the online play,
> especially when my first ever kill was sniping someone right in the
> head on this jungle-esque area. And, as i died alot, the second best
> bit was to listen to all the others who had died and were whining
> about dying. "Oh my God, did you see me shoot him about 12
> times?". "I think there's an invisible wall around the
> corner where that guy is, you just can't seem to kill him". I'll
> admit it, i did suck at the game, but thats to be expected. And dying
> so many times didn't ruin the experience one bit, and i think i'm
> definately going to get the game for offline play, as we won't be
> getting broadband in my house for a very very long time.

Dieing is OK as long as there is someone there to talk to, you don't want to be sittign there by your loseome why everyone is sitting and sniping.
Sun 03/08/03 at 11:52
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I went on Socom online the other day when i went round my mates, and i saw ~SRS~Ali kick some behind whilst i was lying dead on the floor :P I only played the game game for about an hour or so, but it just felt so good when i eventually killed someone, even if i did die soon after. Killing someone was just the best bit about the online play, especially when my first ever kill was sniping someone right in the head on this jungle-esque area. And, as i died alot, the second best bit was to listen to all the others who had died and were whining about dying. "Oh my God, did you see me shoot him about 12 times?". "I think there's an invisible wall around the corner where that guy is, you just can't seem to kill him". I'll admit it, i did suck at the game, but thats to be expected. And dying so many times didn't ruin the experience one bit, and i think i'm definately going to get the game for offline play, as we won't be getting broadband in my house for a very very long time.
Sun 03/08/03 at 08:04
" Crazy!"
Icarus wrote:
> The craziest Col! wrote:
> J Nash wrote:
> How good is Socom?
> Good enough to warrant me getting a PS2?
>
> The true beauty is in the online part of it.
>
> It's the only beauty of the entire game.

Once you get into the single player of the game, it's quite good, I'm upto mission 11, and what a b!tch that one is, I know how to do it, but just can't.

Once played online though, single player will seem crap, so I advice to do what I did, get the game before pputtig it online so you aren't going to get cained the first time you go online.
Sun 03/08/03 at 02:16
The craziest Col! wrote:
> J Nash wrote:
> How good is Socom?
> Good enough to warrant me getting a PS2?
>
> The true beauty is in the online part of it.

It's the only beauty of the entire game.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.