GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BT Broadband"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/06/03 at 15:04
Regular
I want to get Broadband with BT for the fast internet but also for online gaming but im unsure about prices and how it works when you want to network because my sisters just got a PC and also wants the braodband so does anyone know how it works with networking? and what are the prices. Any help would be much much appreciated
Sun 15/06/03 at 13:49
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Well KR at the very least make sure you register interest.

yeh i have done that and i know two more people who have done that aswell, so thats three at the minute :D
Sun 15/06/03 at 11:01
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I havn't had time to read all the posts here and I'm not that technically minded, but I've seen an advert from 'Tiscali' that is offering broadband for just 19.99 a month. I think there's a connection fee of 30 pounds and also a disconnection fee to revert your line back to normal if you choose to discontinue at the end of the contract. The modem is totally free though, but not too sure what connection it uses. USB or other.

Address is www.tiscali.co.uk (look for broad band links)

I think the service is reliable as DELL is currently promoting it, and DELL wouldn't get involved with a crap company, would they?
Sun 15/06/03 at 01:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Well KR at the very least make sure you register interest. If everyone thought "ah there is no point" then no trigger levels would ever be met.
Sat 14/06/03 at 23:13
Regular
hey at least you might have a chance of getting it, im just outside the area by possibly a couple of hundred meters (i live near longy) this means that i probably won't get braodband for a while because i need to find the trigger level for my area.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
"Touched!"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Longÿ wrote:
> Well it's looking less likely that im going to be able to get it, my
> dads very stingey and it's looking like it might cost abit to get
> set
> up
>
> You have a cheaper alternative called 'Internet Connection Sharing'.
> But it's techie stuff and I know squat about it to give proper advice.
> More info on that in the Sony Guides.

I am running ICS on windows 2000 and its fairly simple, you basically need a switch or hub to split the connection and you then simply enable connection sharing, the only IP you enter is for the host computer for the network which would be 192.168.0.1, i#ve had not probs setting it up
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:57
Regular
"WWJD"
Well i don't think im going to be able to get unless.... ill get my dad to speak to the guy that made my computer
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Longÿ wrote:
> Well it's looking less likely that im going to be able to get it, my
> dads very stingey and it's looking like it might cost abit to get set
> up

You have a cheaper alternative called 'Internet Connection Sharing'. But it's techie stuff and I know squat about it to give proper advice. More info on that in the Sony Guides.
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
NO! That's a common mistake. There's two types of card, the 56k modem type (for 56k dialup internet) which takes a standard phone jack (slightly smaller than an RJ45 jack) and a 10/100 network card (for broadband) which takes an RJ45 jack. Sounds like your sister could have a built in 56k modem card there? That's what it is if a phone plug can connect to it.
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:47
Regular
"WWJD"
Well it's looking less likely that im going to be able to get it, my dads very stingey and it's looking like it might cost abit to get set up
Sat 14/06/03 at 18:41
Regular
"WWJD"
Is that a phone connection? where the modem and the phone connects?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.