GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone wanna swap Morrowind with me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:06
Regular
I've already got

Jet Set Radio
Halo
MGS2

I want anything other than them that's decent really.
Sun 15/06/03 at 13:59
Regular
Don't forget though Mav that it had to be reviewed within 2 days of getting it and it wasn't enough time for me to actually get bored of it.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:01
Regular
Well, your not as bad as some of the people on that site.

Nightfire - 10/10.
Two Towers - 10/10.
Kung Fu Chaos - 10/10.

*laughs hysterically*
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:06
Regular
*Continues to laugh*

Some of the scores are indeed shocking. You are meant to boost the scores for the games though. My review of State of Emergency for SR I gave 8/10 and thats only because you can't give a 7.7!
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:43
Regular
If you take a look at my scores, that's what I honestly think after extended play. Unfortunately, my *honest* scores are undermimed by the rest of the fools that write there.

For example, I gave Jedi Knight II an 8/10. For me, that's a damn decent score, especially as Ace Gamez rate 5 as average, and use eleven scores (0 to 10). The fact is though, someone will come along and see Nightfire with a 10/10 by it's name - instantly assuming it's better.

We all know this is far from the case.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:49
Regular
VERY few games deserve 10/10. I mean how could you consider Nightfire to be perfect? The fact that its worse than Agent Under Fire and possibly one of the worst FPS games ever is only half of the story with Nightfire. The best one had to be the lad who thinks Enter the Matrix is easily 10/10!

*Sniggers*
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:51
Regular
Nightfire was better that AUF.

It still stunk to high heaven though. I got to the underwater driving bit and just gave up on the game, terrible it was.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:55
Regular
Morrowind is a bloody marvellous game, but I can understand why some don't like it. It's a slow burner.
I've been playing it for over 4 months now, and I've still not completed everything. Value for money? I think so.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:57
Regular
with regard to scores I haven't yet reviewed a pants game. I spend hours reading reviews on any game I'm considering buying, that way you can get a good idea of whether its going to be great or not.

first stop : gamerankings.com
second : the good people at SR (that being you lot)

if those two sets of reviews make it out to be good, I'll buy. you can be pretty sure that if so many people recommend something it'll be good.

I haven't 'blind bought' a game for ages, as £40 doesn't grow on trees, and realising you've forked out dollars for something that you'll play only once is incredibly frustrating.

the exception to this rule was Enter the Matrix. I got this on GAD purely because I loved the films. It isn't great, and has cheesed me off at times, but the fighting is good and at times it pleases me greatly.

once I finish the damn thing I'll post a review on here, I hope it gets a whole lot better towards the end or its gonna get a poor rating.
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:06
Regular
I've tried to like Morrowind but I just can't. It's too beardy for me, all the different magic type and things just do my head in. I've read on one site that the game doesn't really get going until you've played it for about 50 hours, that's insane.

There's just nothing in it that makes me want to continue playing, there's far too much text to read and it's not even intresting it's all "oooh thou boy thine wretched ring with 50 plus healing is in thine cave, thus quest for thine raganaroths beard" etc etc. I can't bring myself to even attempt to read or take in any of that beardy stuff.

Just not my kind of game I guess, I can play some RPG's but when they get too involved like Morrowind with all the different magic and weapons type and different experience points and garbage like that, they just bore the hell out of me.

I want to be able to walk around and pillage villages and kill people with big swords and stuff, at the moment my character has trouble fighting rats.
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:12
Regular
What about Splinter Cell? I see you've got MGS2. Or have you got it on the Cube? Splinter Cell is better (in my opinion).

Morrowind is frustrating at the start, not to say daunting. It does improve as your powers improve. But if it ain't you're thing then it ain't your thing.
I normally hate RPGs, but Morrowind converted me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.