GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone wanna swap Morrowind with me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:06
Regular
I've already got

Jet Set Radio
Halo
MGS2

I want anything other than them that's decent really.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
*comedy

Curses, now I look foolish.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:18
Regular
I much prefer MGS2 to Splinter Cell.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:19
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I much prefer MGS2 to Splinter Cell.

can't agree

at all
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:23
Regular
Didn't ask you to :)
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:24
Regular
at all
------
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:26
Regular
I own both. Completed both many times and in my opinion Metal Gear games will always rule the stealth market. As a pure out and out stealth game with fantastic graphics then Splinter Cell is better. However when you conisder replay value, gameplay, story and sound MGS2 wins hands down.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:30
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I own both. Completed both many times and in my opinion Metal Gear
> games will always rule the stealth market. As a pure out and out
> stealth game with fantastic graphics then Splinter Cell is better.
> However when you conisder replay value, gameplay, story and sound MGS2
> wins hands down.

i know this only a matter of opinion, but in my view :

reasons why sc is better than mgs2:

* you get to play for the game properly, rather than pressing a button once between 6 hour dialogues
* once finished, you can go back to the bits you enjoyed most, rather than starting all over again
* you aren't stuck with pre-defined camera angles
* it's more realistic.

don't get me wrong, I loved mgs2, but once I finished it I didn't go back for quite a while
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:36
Regular
Splinter Cell has hardly any replay value. With MGS2 you get to back and unlock items, collect dog tags and some hidden items along the way. Splinter Cell's biggest problem is that it tries to be too realistic and at stages it makes the game boring to play. A slight exhaggeration about the cut scenes considering that there is twice as much gameplay and that they can be skipped. On top of that the re-released MGS2:Substance is even better than the original. You can play as Snake on the Big Shell without cut scenes and there are literally 100's of VR missions to play through.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:36
Regular
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> * you get to play for the game properly, rather than pressing a button
> once between 6 hour dialogues

Exaggeration at it's most extreme - the cut-scenes were great, and helped tell the excellent story. They was tonnes of brilliant gameplay to accompany them too.

> * once finished, you can go back to the bits you enjoyed most, rather
> than starting all over again

It's split between Raiden and Snake - Big Shell and Tanker.

> * you aren't stuck with pre-defined camera angles

Nor are you in MGS2.

> * it's more realistic.

Ever played on European Extreme mode? The AI and difficulty is excellent.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:42
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Exaggeration at it's most extreme - the cut-scenes were great, and
> helped tell the excellent story. They was tonnes of brilliant gameplay
> to accompany them too.

of course it is, but I'm not talking about the cut scenes, I'm on about the dialogues with the nano thingy. they help the story, but once you've played through it once, they just get tedious

> * you aren't stuck with pre-defined camera angles
>
> Nor are you in MGS2.

you are, in sc you can manually move the camera to help you, in mgs2 I've been caught out by soldiers because of bad camera angles

> * it's more realistic.
>
> Ever played on European Extreme mode? The AI and difficulty is
> excellent.

what I meant here I think is the use of lighting effects, and the fact that you can't carry six million bits of equipment with you

anyway lets not argue, they're both great games in their own right, I personally prefer sc tho

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.