GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone wanna swap Morrowind with me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 15/06/03 at 00:06
Regular
I've already got

Jet Set Radio
Halo
MGS2

I want anything other than them that's decent really.
Mon 16/06/03 at 01:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Buffy?
>
> Seriously?
>
> I can't stand Morrowind, a punchy vampire game has gotta be slightly
> more enjoyable.

Yes. I am serious :)
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:17
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I've got a Cube but i've got most the game that are out at the
> moment
> that I want.
>
> I'd swap it for PGR most likely.
>
> Sounds good.

If you wanna do the swap, e-mail me ya detail and i'll get the game in the post as soon as poss.

My e-mails

[email protected]
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:31
Regular
Of course it's a fact. I rule.

Bow down, slaves.

:D
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:02
Regular
Thats cool Maverick.

As long as you beleive that to be your own opinion and not a fact.

In my opinion I found Splinter Cell better then MGS2, cause I found MGS2 pretty boring.

But lets just leave it on opinions ey.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:31
Regular
At the end of the day, I just found Splinter Cell too slow and linear to be any fun. On the gameplay element - MGS2 certainly is the more enjoyable experience.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:29
Regular
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> of course it is, but I'm not talking about the cut scenes, I'm on
> about the dialogues with the nano thingy. they help the story, but
> once you've played through it once, they just get tedious

The solution you seek lies in a novel idea by the name of the 'skip' button.

> you are, in sc you can manually move the camera to help you, in mgs2
> I've been caught out by soldiers because of bad camera angles

I've played the game through loads of times, and personally believe the camera's excellent. You can adjust your view by positioning the character in various places - and plus, there's your radar too.

The camera's one of the things I had a real problem with in Splinter Cell actually - I find Metal Gear Solid's setup flawless.

> what I meant here I think is the use of lighting effects, and the fact
> that you can't carry six million bits of equipment with you

Well that comes down to the age old argument - gameplay or realism? Personally, I love building up the inventory, it gives you that professional and prepared feel when playing. Adds a bit of depth - you'll want to grab all the items you can.

I find in games where you're limited, it only really works if it's either fast paced or to add tension - a la Resident Evil. It doesn't work in Splinter Cell, really.
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:02
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Thats why I have high hopes for Driver 3 - the GTA beater!

heh, it'll never beat GTA, mainly because shortly after driver 3, gta 4 will probably be released which will signal the end of my social life
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:01
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The music in Splinter Cell is good but when compared to the music in
> MGS2 it just sounds average. They guy who did the music for Armageddon
> and The Rock (Harry Gregson Williams I believe) does the music for
> MGS2 and it is breath taking at times. In Dolby Digital MGS2 is
> probably one of the best sounding games ever. Its a joy to listen to.

hey read my review of mgs2, its a great game which I thoroughly enjoyed playing start to finish.

I think the gameplay is better (in general) on sc though. there are some aspects that are better in mgs2 (such as the ability to hold up guards, or shoot the radio out of their hands), but as a complete package sc is better in my opinion.

if you mixed the cinematic quality of mgs2 with the realistic espionage gameplay of sc, you'd have one hell of a game
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:59
Regular
The voice acting front kind of speaks for itself ;) David Hayter who does the voice for Solid Snake also does the narrating in Eternal Darkness for the Cube and he does a fantastic job at playing the role he is given.
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:57
Regular
The music in Splinter Cell is good but when compared to the music in MGS2 it just sounds average. They guy who did the music for Armageddon and The Rock (Harry Gregson Williams I believe) does the music for MGS2 and it is breath taking at times. In Dolby Digital MGS2 is probably one of the best sounding games ever. Its a joy to listen to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.