GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About to be left behind..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
....because im not gona be able to get my PS2 Online. For a great many reasons too.

Basicly getting it online comes down to money, of which i dont have much of, of which i cant go spending on gaming...willy nilly. Going to Uni after the summer means i need as much money as i can get for that, then theres the cost of living.

For me to get my PS2 online right now, as far as i can figure out, id need:

To get a Broadband connection installed.
Get all the kit thats needed.
Pay the monthly Broadband fee.
Buy the Games.

I cant do, so wont be.
I just hope developers arent gona focus mainly on the online features of the games, and make sure us, poor, skint gamers still get a look in.

For those of you with your PS2 connected, spare a thought for us who havent while your killing each other on Socom...

*Mumbles*

Gits.
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:03
Regular
I don't think you'll have anything to worry about on PS2 Previo. Most magazines still consider PS2 Online to be a test, with PS3 taking the real steps into the online world.

I too will find it difficult to move online. This will be because of the cost as well, but also because of moving around from place to place, unable to setup a proper connection anywhere.

Lets hope FFX2 isn't the last FF game to be "offline"!
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yeah I've gotta feel sorry for you as I can understand your frustrations :-(

I've got to say I'm in a fairly lucky position where my BB connection is paid for by work each month as I need it for looking after our network but I still haven't got my PS2 online yet..... nope I have no explanation for why either!

Don't worry Pro, you'll have plenty of time to catch up and here's a thought....by the time you do get it online, most of the bugs will have been ironed out :D
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh i wondered who that poor looking fellow was on the side of the road in a Sheff Wednesday shirt when i drove past you :D

PS2 Online here i come
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"es argh"
Doubt I will be geting online either Pro Evo.

I'm gonna wait for the PS3 by which time me and you should be able to play each other online on PES4 :)
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Touched!"
Fancy a game of socom online? opps..erm..
Sun 15/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Yeah *shakes fist at people with connection* 'shake harder pro evo, no i didnt mean like that, ewwww'.....
Sun 15/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
"360: swfcman"
....because im not gona be able to get my PS2 Online. For a great many reasons too.

Basicly getting it online comes down to money, of which i dont have much of, of which i cant go spending on gaming...willy nilly. Going to Uni after the summer means i need as much money as i can get for that, then theres the cost of living.

For me to get my PS2 online right now, as far as i can figure out, id need:

To get a Broadband connection installed.
Get all the kit thats needed.
Pay the monthly Broadband fee.
Buy the Games.

I cant do, so wont be.
I just hope developers arent gona focus mainly on the online features of the games, and make sure us, poor, skint gamers still get a look in.

For those of you with your PS2 connected, spare a thought for us who havent while your killing each other on Socom...

*Mumbles*

Gits.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.