GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About to be left behind..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
....because im not gona be able to get my PS2 Online. For a great many reasons too.

Basicly getting it online comes down to money, of which i dont have much of, of which i cant go spending on gaming...willy nilly. Going to Uni after the summer means i need as much money as i can get for that, then theres the cost of living.

For me to get my PS2 online right now, as far as i can figure out, id need:

To get a Broadband connection installed.
Get all the kit thats needed.
Pay the monthly Broadband fee.
Buy the Games.

I cant do, so wont be.
I just hope developers arent gona focus mainly on the online features of the games, and make sure us, poor, skint gamers still get a look in.

For those of you with your PS2 connected, spare a thought for us who havent while your killing each other on Socom...

*Mumbles*

Gits.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*BzzzZZZzzzZzzzZZ* Damn you FFF!!!!!!!!!!! look what it did to my hair giving it a bath. Afros went out of style in the 80's.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:47
"period drama"
Just don't foget to give it a bath.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That hurts FFF. Ah well i'll just cuddle up to my network adapter (when it arrives :D )
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:40
"period drama"
I feel your pain Pro.
Bunch of gits, aren't they? I hate you all.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Blank wrote:
> 2. There is an AOL broadband, but not available in my area (I'm
> beginning to think there are no areas where it is available, maybe
> it's all an illusion).

You can get it in Bristol. Why anyone would want to is another matter.

Look on the bright side. If you're desperate, you can use ICS to get the network adaptor online with THPS3 using a 56k connection. BT's broadband rollout does appear to be accelerating, so chances are there'll be an ADSL service round your way eventually. Cable only currently covers about 20% of the country, but they're getting there too. Cya in SOCOM 3 in about 2 years time.
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Me too....no broadband connection, so no chance of online gaming. And it doesn't look good for two reasons:

1. We use AOL, and my mum uses her AOL address for courses she helps to run, so if we did change to broadband we'd at least have to have AOL plus broadband running simultaneous for a while.

2. There is an AOL broadband, but not available in my area (I'm beginning to think there are no areas where it is available, maybe it's all an illusion).
Mon 16/06/03 at 16:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Oh i wondered who that poor looking fellow was on the side of the road
> in a Sheff Wednesday shirt when i drove past you :D
>
> PS2 Online here i come

You.Make.Me.Sick.

:p
Mon 16/06/03 at 07:27
" Crazy!"
Well I do get my PS2 put online today. I already have Socom + TMB Oline. GREAT :D:D
Mon 16/06/03 at 01:16
"I love yo... lamp."
I can't be bothered with getting the PS2 online. My Xbox maybe, but thats all. I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think that PS2 online is going to be much of a success. Just nothing that has made me or my mates rush out to get it yet. As um someone said, PS3 will be the first time Sony seriously get into online gaming.
Mon 16/06/03 at 01:13
Regular
i probably won't get it due to broadband not being around my area. should get it by the time PS3 is out though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.