GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"About to be left behind..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
....because im not gona be able to get my PS2 Online. For a great many reasons too.

Basicly getting it online comes down to money, of which i dont have much of, of which i cant go spending on gaming...willy nilly. Going to Uni after the summer means i need as much money as i can get for that, then theres the cost of living.

For me to get my PS2 online right now, as far as i can figure out, id need:

To get a Broadband connection installed.
Get all the kit thats needed.
Pay the monthly Broadband fee.
Buy the Games.

I cant do, so wont be.
I just hope developers arent gona focus mainly on the online features of the games, and make sure us, poor, skint gamers still get a look in.

For those of you with your PS2 connected, spare a thought for us who havent while your killing each other on Socom...

*Mumbles*

Gits.
Thu 19/06/03 at 11:05
"cheerios"
How much does it cost for installation and everything, including monthly payments for the broadband adaptor thing?
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:43
Regular
why don't you buy the game anyway? its a good offline game.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> The more I hear about SOCOM the more I want it...

Yeah, i was like that.

In the end ive stopped reading about it, i hardly go near Online topics, and have generally put my fingers im my ears, and started singing 'la la la la la'.

One of them hats from the Egg Card adverts would be handy.
Tue 17/06/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I'm in the same situation (except the uni bit) so I'm waiting till next month when its my birthday and the usual relative cop-out is money so £££ toward my broadband fund.
Tue 17/06/03 at 15:11
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I know the feeling kinda apart from the fact i have everything to go online etc ntl arent do it yet in my area even tho im on broadband weird anit it
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:15
"I love yo... lamp."
The more I hear about SOCOM the more I want it...
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Guess I'll have to leave the Sony forum alone again.

Nah you don't, there are many people who are in your position who come into this forum - I myself can't afford to go online with Sony at present (maybe in the future) but at the moment stand alone gaming suits me as much as it does you and Pro Evo.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
ssxpro wrote:

> Lets hope FFX2 isn't the last FF game to be "offline"!

Gods I hope it isn't either. FF makes up about 90% of my games collection (is collection the wrong word for so few games?)

Haven't been in this forum for ages and when I do pop in everyones talking about online games. I'm not going online as I cannot justify the cost and wouldn't know how to begin setting it up anyway.

Guess I'll have to leave the Sony forum alone again.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:40
"period drama"
lalakersrule wrote:
>Afros went out of style in the 80's.

They did!?
Oh shheeeiiitttttt.
*Runs to barbers*
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> 2. There is an AOL broadband, but not available in my area (I'm
> beginning to think there are no areas where it is available, maybe
> it's all an illusion).
>
> You can get it in Bristol. Why anyone would want to is another
> matter.

I don't live in Bristol! That's a piece of irrelevant information!

> Look on the bright side. If you're desperate, you can use ICS to get
> the network adaptor online with THPS3 using a 56k connection. BT's
> broadband rollout does appear to be accelerating, so chances are
> there'll be an ADSL service round your way eventually. Cable only
> currently covers about 20% of the country, but they're getting there
> too.

I understood little of that, which is half my problem. I don't even know anything about broadband.

> Cya in SOCOM 3 in about 2 years time.

Don't be so optimistic. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.