GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Halo 2 be the best game of 2004 ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:17
Regular
Some of you have proplbally seen the screenshots for Halo 2 and you have to admit it look s bloody brilliant , but will it be the best game of 2004 ? Halo 2 is right at the top of the most wanted games list for X Box.

There will be many good games coming out which will compete with Halo 2
like Soul Calibur 2 , Splinter Cell 2 , Project Gotham Racing 2 plus there is lots of more games to come out.

At the E3 convention everybody got to see a video of Halo 2 plus they got too see extra screenshots and the extra screenshots are in this month's official x box magazine.

Do you think Halo 2 will be the best game of 2004 ?
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I doubt it will beat Halo 2.

Its odd, but some game genres, such as football, aren't even apparently eligible for the so called 'Game of the Year' (of which there are hundereds seemingly).

FPS, Adventure/RPG and 3rd person shooters etc are the only titles that seem to be eligible.

I doubt Halo 2 will. Simply because if its anything like the first, it will be a huge waste of time for me. But obviously not for many of you.
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:50
Regular
"es argh"
If PES4 is released in 2004, than that'll be fan-bloody-tastic
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:56
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
It will almost certainly be the best game of 2004. It will be difficult to better it. If you haven't downloaded the 9 minute E3 video yet (the genuine, non-video-taped one) then I recommend you do. You can get it from the Bungie website. It's 158MB and you need Windows Media Player 9 to run it but it's a stunning demo and it even has 5.1 surround sound!
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:35
Regular
"8==="
Icarus wrote:
> Aah, that level was all about stealth.

yeah could go a little mental on the easy setting.

ie. just kill the sentry bot then kill everyone with impunity.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:31
Aah, that level was all about stealth.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:26
Regular
"That's right!"
Didn't care for Perfect Dark. I bought it without the 64 add on, because I knew there were still playable features and I planned on buying it later. But it was about 4 months later that I managed to find one in GAME. Had a lot of fun on the multiplayer against the bots (don't see my mates like I used to back in the days of Goldeneye) but the single player didn't pull me in at all. Got up to the level where you have to blow up a taxi or something... urgh. Got stuck on it for ages, finally gave up and haven't touched it since. That was about 3 years ago. Big let down, Goldeneye is still the boy.

As for Halo 2, been playing Halo lately on my X-Box, and it's rather amazing. Halo 2 boasts a lot more. It'd be pretty hard to mess it up.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:16
Regular
"\\"
I had a dream about Halo 2 last night and it was brilliant.

See. I was playing online in a kind of competition. First one to complete the misson wins, but all other players arn't on your screen so it's solo. It was kinda like olympics. If you completed the hardest task you got gold, the second hardest task and you got silver etc.

It was so cool.

I came second if you was interested :D
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:42
Regular
Enjoyed it but... not as good as i expected. Goldeneye and Timesplitters 2 in the end turned out better.
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:36
"I love yo... lamp."
You didn't like PD then?
Tue 17/06/03 at 14:36
Regular
"8==="
§niper wrote:
> Heh Perfect Dark turned out okay... sure

What are you trying to say?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.