GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goldeneye 2."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:04
Regular
Check the latest story on er-no.com

Thats actually all from reliable sources.

Looks like we are in for a shock treat in 2004.

I think so!
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The thing is, names mean nothing to me in the games industry, it’s about producing the goods that count.
Rare were fantastic on the N64, I enjoyed all of their games, especially GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps and DK64, but they need to produce the goods again to show they are still worthy of our praise and our cash.

Though I have yet to play it, Star Fox Adventures was criticised across a broad range of places, so their Nintendo swansong wasn’t what we were expecting from the old masters which is a big shame as it leaves a sour taste in the mouths of many fans. I do hope their Xbox games are great, but we’ll have to wait and see if they’re still just riding on their reputations or not. If they’re not good, it’ll show how important Nintendo really were to them.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You loved DK64?
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:18
Regular
"8==="
gerrid wrote:
> You loved DK64?

I liked it. Didn't think the multi was up to much.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I enjoyed it, I wouldn't go as far as saying I loved it.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:22
Regular
"8==="
I think Rare are very odd. They'll do what they want.

I heard a rumour that Rare didn't realise they had the GC development kit for quite a while. I think someone contacted them about it. Apparently people at Rare were heard to say "oh THAT's what's in that box".

Nobody had bothered to open the box!

Now I don't know if they were winding Nintendo up or what. But it's a funny story.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
gerrid wrote:
> You loved DK64?

Worst game on the 64. Merely because it RUINED a good name.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hedfix wrote:
> TGM, you forgot about Acclaim. Their bad patch lasted up until the N64
> was released. The N64 really sorted Acclaim out. No wonder they love
> Ninty so much!

Yes tis true. Turok got them on track.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:37
"I love yo... lamp."
I loved DK64. Never could find a banana in the years I had the game but I loved it none the less.

I don't think Rare were exactly whole souled going into Starfox, the relationhip with Ninty was getting strained by that point, and when they knew they were going to be sold I think they probably just lost heart a bit.

On a new console and with new owners who care, I think they will flourish.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:00
Regular
The relationship with ninty wasn't on the ropes for the 4 years that Starfox was in development.
Tue 17/06/03 at 13:02
"I love yo... lamp."
No I don't imagine it was for all that length of time. But Starfox could have been better with just a bit more work. But if they didn't care anymore then they wouldn't put in the effort.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.